Need help for pests

Moderator: Izhar

sameerusmani84
City: Karachi

Need help for pests

Post by sameerusmani84 »

Dear All,
Can experts please help me on this..
I have posted pics with questions please paste ur answers next to questions..

Thanks you

what is this bug and which pesticide to use for it?? i have already used ALL IN ONE but its not going

these leaves are shrinking dont know what happened ?

how to get flower from this plant

thesse rose new leaves are turning brownish can u lease help me on it..

these rose leaves are drying and cant see healthy leaf growth

all new leaves are dark brown and not growing good, they are turning brown and wetty

It was a v healty Black rose , all leaves are drying i have added DAP also but cant see healthy leaves :(

how to make small plants from this one
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Need help for pests

Post by Izhar »

The critters in the first pic are millipedes ..they are harmless and resistant to pesticides as well
The second pic is the damage from mites.. spray the pesticide every third day for 15 days, then weekly..
The third pic you can get the flower if the plant is planted in ground or if it grows big in the pot.. the flowers aren't showy
The roses are suffering due to heat and humidity.. do not wet the leaves.. they will be fine in winters
Let the pup from Beaucarnea recurvata, the Ponytail palm.. to grow till next February then detach it and sow in plain soil.. keep in shade for 2 weeks then take it to the sunny area..
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Yuup, roses are suffering from heat stroke, just give them a moderate prune and let them rest till Sept. Millipedes do seem to have found a niche eco system for them to survive maybe to close together bunched up with no antiseptic effect of the sun reaching the soil. Which reminds me your soil is is giving a sick look are you by any chance over watering, rotting vegetation between the pots, unhygienic, these millipedes are eating some thing and they do prefer rotting vegetation rather then plain old soil which they dont eat.
Regards.
chickoo34
City: karachi

Post by chickoo34 »

the same thing happened with my roses but they failed to recover... :( :( ..May their souls rest in peace..
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

The DAP didn't help the roses in this high heat. I would not recommend fertilizing roses in the heat of the past two months unless you just want to add leaf mold which will cool the roots.
sameerusmani84

Post by sameerusmani84 »

Dear All,

i have stopped watering the leaves,and reduced the water in roses, now all the old leaves have fallen and i see some new leaves coming out, i have shredded all the old leaves, also changed the location to more sunny area. now tell me what to do ? Should i add DAP? do i need to add new soil or any other thing? I am already spraying the pesticide but the black centipedes are not gowing :(.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

It's still too hot for manure or chemical fertilization. Keep a weekly anti fungal spray schedule. Spray in the evening. The new growth should be healthier this time. Expect nice fall blooms.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

do not feed roses these days.the manure you added last winter is enough.the big big mistake you are making is you are water buses from above specially in afternoons or in evening.don,t sprinkle water over the foliage.do not water until & unless its very essential.i don,t know how frequently the pot needs water but in ground i let the soil dry between watering.as AY Khan mentioned use good quality fungicide.use which covers both fungus,the powderly & the downy mildew.
i told you about allowing the soil to dry between watering,because roses like watering in hot summers but can not withstand wet soil.make soak the soil every time & they will be killed very easily.also ensure good drainage if its poor.move your bushes to a separate place as they are in many other plants for good air circulations.hope you enjoy pretty good fall blooms.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”