How to kill this bug?

Moderator: Izhar

cyberkings
City: Islamabad

How to kill this bug?

Post by cyberkings »

P1210266.jpg
P1210266.jpg (83.65 KiB) Viewed 2929 times
This bug eats leaves and flowers of my vegetables very fast. It's of Lady Bug's size and flies like the same but very much clever than that. It goes off for a few days whenever I spray the chemical pesticide but I don't want to use it spray it any more. Please suggest some home-made organic spray for it.

Regards,

Shahid
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: How to kill this bug?

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Stoller,s Gold pest oil.its 100% organic!
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Same problem, dont want to use pesticides. What i mostly do is use a jet at the end of the garden pipe for rapid knock down effect. Once they land on the ground all wet and vulnerable then the ants have a good time feeding on them.
Try honey bees, wasps and lizards for pest control. Wasps once they get used to your presence they dont bother you.
Regards.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

KAMasud wrote:Wasps once they get used to your presence they dont bother you. Regards.
Well this part of advice is bit frightening. May be you are immune to their stings. Wasps are one of the most noxious elements in the garden. In my opinion, wasps are quite "tota-chashm". They don't care and whenever they feel that someone is close (for example during pruning) to their hive they will attack the person regardless of the fact that you own the garden :-).

People have severe reaction to their stings; the common one being the swelling that lasts for few days.

Regards,

Farooq

Return to “Pests and Diseases”