mealybugs solution

Moderator: Izhar

mahira
City: karachi

mealybugs solution

Post by mahira »

i have seen many discussions on it before over but i need some answers. i used pesticide on mealybugs which i bought from a
garden store. they did end in those plants and im not seeing them in the ones infected earlier but i keep finding them in some other plant the other day. . and then start the whole process of spraying n plucking them or the stems. so is there anyway to get rid of them completely or will all my plants get infected eventually. im getting tired n bored of this each day and really upset. pls tell me how much gap should be there between two pots.. bcos
most of my pots are close together. and there is some other type of bug aswell. tiny minute green bugs thatbstuck to the back of the leaves or flowers. i used the same pesticide on them as well but same thing. i still find them on the other plant the other day. another question that should i keep my pots in a dish of water. someone said earlier it prevents ants but ants jump up from the wall too. so is it necessary to use thw dish if water? pls do reply in detail im really upset about the bugs.. alll the plantsnare
drying gradually due
to them
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: mealybugs solution

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa use Acceta Meprid both for mealy bugs & Aphids.when ever any bug is seen spray on whole plants.use the 16 litter hand pump.for big trees its good to cover their trunks in plastic & paste the plastic with some grease so that mealy can not climb to the tree.
mahira

Post by mahira »

jazakallah umar.. i will search for it and try it.. and what about the distance between plants .. and is there anyway to prevent them.. like if they end up completely what can cause them to occur again so that i be careful next time.. what triggers their growth.
mahira

Post by mahira »

by the way ..is acetamiprid easily available.. where can i find it? like what type of shop.. is it easily available at pesticide shop?
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes Acceta is easily available at agri stores.
mahira

Post by mahira »

i couldn't find any agri store in my locality here in karachi so i went to the pesiticide shop.. and he had no idea about it.. i searched his various products.. but none of them had it.. mostly were malathion.. well i bought another pesticide.. hope it solves the prob for me
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Try soap spray on mealy bugs, it worked for me, and you can also remove them with a small tooth brush dipped in a solution of 1 part vinegar and 4 parts water. Hope it helps..
mahira

Post by mahira »

thankyou tahir.. but soap solution was the first thing i tried.. and it did not work for me.. so i turned to pesticides.. my problem is half solved and thank god i dont find them much now.. but still i can see them here n there in other plants.. but i am closely scrutinzing them daily n pulling them with scissors.. n spraying so i hope i get rid of them.. :/ i didn't know there would be such daymares when i started gardening :P
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Mahira have u got Acceta meprid or Movento.these are very effective against Mealy bugs.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”