anti leaf curling treatment

Moderator: Izhar

adnan
City: sialkot
Gardening Interests: fruit trees, specially the ones which are not common to my area.

anti leaf curling treatment

Post by adnan »

Guys all my citrus pants are suffering from leaf curling disease.
most of the plants are 2 to 3 years old.

Can any one suggest me its treatment.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: anti leaf curling treatment

Post by Munir »

adnan wrote:Guys all my citrus pants are suffering from leaf curling disease.

Use any insecticide meant for Leaf Minor; see the label which mentions that. One with the name of Acetamiprid is fairly effective; another is Imedacloprid. Prepare the solution as mentioned on the label, generally about 3ml/cc per lit of water. Have one spray immediately & repeat after 10 days. Please do give feed back.
Good luck !
Heinie
City: Cape Town
Gardening Interests: I grow Clivias, Daylilies and numerous bulbs from the Amaryllidaceae family.

Post by Heinie »

I also use only Kohinor 350SR with the active ingredient of Imidacloprid at 3ml per liter water. May I suggest to pour a sufficient mixture (about one liter for this size of plant) around the stem of the plant to about 200mm away because Imidacloprid is a systemic insecticide and best results will be achieved for the plant to take the product up from the roots.

The correct way of doing it is to water your plant well and then pour the mixture around the stem 3 days later so the soil is still damp and not dry. The product protects a plant for 12 months with one treatment. This product protects plants against numerous pests but please do not use this product if you are treating edible plants or fruit trees.
Regards
Heinie
adnan
Gardening Interests: fruit trees, specially the ones which are not common to my area.

Post by adnan »

I think i should have waited for your replies but i didnt.

I went to one of the local shops in sialkot "dawd corporation" and asked what they dad for anti leaf curling.

They sold me http://www.syngenta.com/global/corporat ... ctara.aspx

Actara does not have any of those two mention ingredients so now i am confused. Should i try it or get it replaced by something else like organic granules. As the main owner does not seem to have much clue and getting replacement will be much easier than refund.

I also asked him for engro zarhaze 17:17:17 but he told me its not being sold Anymore etc which i cannot believe as they have it on their website.
adnan

Post by adnan »

Munir wrote:
Use any insecticide meant for Leaf Minor; see the label which mentions that. One with the name of Acetamiprid is fairly effective; another is Imedacloprid. Prepare the solution as mentioned on the label, generally about 3ml/cc per lit of water. Have one spray immediately & repeat after 10 days. Please do give feed back.
Good luck !
Thanks. I will try to find something. Is there any specific brand which i can try. You know in my experience shopkeepers here are not that helpful and chance of me getting right product will be higher i can ask about specific main stream pesticide.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

adnan wrote:Guys all my citrus pants are suffering from leaf curling disease.
Adnan sb, why don't you post pictures of the diseased plant? A picture is worth a thousand words and it will avoid the guess work. What if a fungicide is needed and readers are suggesting insecticides (as an example though). Leaf curl is most likely a symptom of something rather than a disease itself like our headaches. And last but not the least, take the leaf samples to the pesticides vendor and ask for their suggestions.
Do you see leaf miners in your leaves?
This link might us help us, once we have the pictures:

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/C107/m10 ... igdis.html

Regards,
Farooq
adnan

Post by adnan »

I am really sorry for this delayed response. My internet was not working. I initially thought i only had this curling issue only but when i went out to take pictures i notices not of leaves had whitish dry fluid on them. New leaves are growing fine but older ones are all curly and week.
that white/creamy stuff on the leaves
IMG_0757.JPG
new leaves on the top are fine but you can see older ones are all curled up
IMG_0758.JPG

curly stuff
IMG_0759.JPG
adnan

Post by adnan »

damaged leaves.
this plant is severely damaged i don't think it will survive the attack.
IMG_0756.JPG
more whitish stuff
IMG_0755.JPG
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

The white stuff, and as others had guessed, is a leaf miner. As the name indicates, the larva makes intenal "trail" in the leaves. I dont feel that there is any fungal problem. If possible remove all the infected leaves and burn them.

See the pictorial damage by leaf miner here:
https://www.google.ca/search?safe=off&q ... igKn-4DIDg
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

The solution provided by Mr. Farooq is correct. All the infected leaves need to be removed quickly. Do give feedback after 3 weeks.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”