anti leaf curling treatment

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: anti leaf curling treatment

Post by Munir »

I don't think there is any danger of the plant dieing. After immediate removal & disposal of leaves as advised,better give the plant a spray of a pesticide to remedy any residuel effects.Good luck
adnan
City: sialkot
Gardening Interests: fruit trees, specially the ones which are not common to my area.

Post by adnan »

still busy in pruning and removing all the damaged/infected leaves. i also used pesticide 1 week back. will update you in 3 to 4 weeks time.
azafeer
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Citrus and Veggies

Post by azafeer »

My trees have the same problem. I am glad i found this thread. I will be spraying the plant with neem oil mixture tomorrow as other growers have mentioned this to be effective on leaf miners. If it doesnt work, will go towards pesticide.

@Adnan. Any updates on the plant?
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Azafeer sb. Where in Karachi do you live and where did you buy this neem oil? I am unable to find it.
azafeer
Gardening Interests: Citrus and Veggies

Post by azafeer »

Mustansir sb. I got two different types. One through huge favor from a friend who works in a pharmaceutical company and the tiny bottle of neem oil extract he got me is refined. They regularly use these in medicines so if you have a friend in a company he might be able to purchase you one from his vendor. It cost me around Rs300. The other i got from a regular street vendor (Rs 100). This one is intended for external use on the human body. I intend to mix them both in drop(s) of dish washing liquid to make them soluble and test each for the results on different plants.
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

azafeer wrote:Mustansir sb. I got two different types. One through huge favor from a friend who works in a pharmaceutical company and the tiny bottle of neem oil extract he got me is refined. They regularly use these in medicines so if you have a friend in a company he might be able to purchase you one from his vendor. It cost me around Rs300. The other i got from a regular street vendor (Rs 100). This one is intended for external use on the human body. I intend to mix them both in drop(s) of dish washing liquid to make them soluble and test each for the results on different plants.
Hmm. JazakAllah. :)

Return to “Pests and Diseases”