How to Use Imidacloprid in Powder Form ?

Moderator: Izhar

Raghoo
City: Dubai
Gardening Interests: Organic Gardening , Urban Gardening

How to Use Imidacloprid in Powder Form ?

Post by Raghoo »

I brought Imidacloprid in Powder form ,branded as PILARKING

I want to know , the correct mix, proportion to use against insects and bedbugs in Apartment

Thank You
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: How to Use Imidacloprid in Powder Form ?

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I use to mix two table spoon in 18 liter pump.Imidacloprid is very good against Aphids.Its very essential for which type of insects you are going to use it.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Why don't you use some indoor spray specifically meant for the purpose eg. Mortein,rather than Imidacloprid, which may be only a plant insecticide?
But,I am not sure; you may either confirm it from the information on the packing label or wait for a definite opinion of a more knowledgeable member,like Dr.Farooq.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Furthermore traces of Imadacloropid remain in the air as well as walls are very harmful for human health. It already has been banned for usage in Europe and U.S.A. is expected to follow suit by the end of this year.
viewtopic.php?f=107&t=3105
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

I cannot agree more with Khurram sb and Munir sb. You would not like to sleep on a bed and which has been sprayed with pesticides. Just keep in mind that chemicals very easily absorb through skin. You don't have to eat them to see their bad effects.
Please seek professional assistance for household elimination of pests and why not try the household tricks first i.e. a reliable cure of bedbugs is heat and sunlight.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Oh Raghoo i thought you have some plants indoors.Now i read your post with concentration after the replies of some of our senor members.Never use any pesticides indoor specially in bed rooms & Kitchen. Pesticides has long duration & Farooq sb is very right that they are even absorbed through skin.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Our elders would routinely empty their sandook or bedding boxes, the contents of which would be left in the heat of the mid day sun. this was also repeated for the furniture like beds and chairs for a few hours. the result was that most insects would die off. The interiors being devoid of articles were then brushed out or washed, thus removing most if not all harbouring insects.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”