help plz

Moderator: Izhar

gazal
City: larkana
Gardening Interests: i love flowers n gardening

help plz

Post by gazal »

hi ,

My plants r dying coz of this insect, i share pic. if anyone can identify this insect ,sugest me what i do?

i have used inseckillr spary ,it works 4 liite time after few days insect attack again,
Attachments
rsz_20141212_142648.jpg
hnasir
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Orchids
Roses
Citrus
Annuals

Re: help plz

Post by hnasir »

These are mealy bugs, and should go away with proper use of an insecticide.

This might help: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/GARDEN/P ... ybugs.html
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

They looks like mealy bugs. Use multiple spray with 7-10 days intervals. What chemical poison/spray have u used?
In mealy bugs systematic treatment is more better than contact I think.
U also can remove them with the help of cotton or a piece of cloth if they are in small numbers. In organic, use of multi spray of insecticidal soap with 7-10 days intervals is also effective.
Once I had mealy bugs in my plants I Swab each mealybug rubbing with cotton saturated in spirit.
Learn & Share
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

The picture is hazy and a more clear picture is required. The second circled image below the first one indicate wings on the insect. These do not appear to be mealy bugs and seem more likely to be white fly which are difficult to eradicate through systemic sprays. You can use yellow pieces of cardboard paper and smear them vaseline and paste them near the infested plant.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Or you can spray 'Bayer's Confidor' early in the morning or late evening when usually the bees or other beneficial insects are not present. Confidor is systemic meaning it can move inside a plant upon its absorption. Usually the white fly nymphs usually present beneath the leaves and adult whitefly can be eliminated by this insecticide. Killing the adult whiteflies would be the major challenge as they tend to fly when disturbed. Spray can be repeated again after a week. Hopefully it ought to drastically reduce their presence.

Also consider planting marigold, basil or coriander near the infested plants as these loathed by white flies.
gazal
City: larkana
Gardening Interests: i love flowers n gardening

Post by gazal »

thank u all,

i hv MARIGOLD ,,,,,,,,,jasmine , red rose, basil, vinca-rose ( SAda-bahaar) , white daisy , n others ,
qamar500
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: I love folwers n indoor plants

Post by qamar500 »

I had this problem of mealy bugs but I used politran c from cibageigy company n got rid off completely. use 2 to 3 times spray.

Return to “Pests and Diseases”