Sorry state of tomato plant

Moderator: Izhar

Johara
Donor
Donor
City: Karachi

Sorry state of tomato plant

Post by Johara »

Is anyone facing the same problem I am? In 2010 my tomatoes plants were healthy and I had so many tomatoes I had to give them away. This year the leaves are all shrivelled up and I am not getting as many tomatoes as I did last year or the year before. They are also not as sweet. :x
Attachments
Tomato plant 2012
Tomato plant 2012
P1040445.JPG (83.93 KiB) Viewed 5506 times
tomato plant 2010
tomato plant 2010
DSC_0398.JPG (74.23 KiB) Viewed 5506 times
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Sorry state of tomato plant

Post by Izhar »

Do all plants look the same?? which variety are they?? any pest attack noticed?? the fertilizers, organic or in-organic?? is the new growth normal or twisted??
Muhammad Imran Khan
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: landscaping, trees, shrubs, ground covers, annuals and perennials, garden writing

Post by Muhammad Imran Khan »

i assume its early blight of tomato cause its symptoms are related to that, so you can use antifungal spray named
Aliette (powder) a prduct of Bayer. hope it would be helpful. if You want non chemical controll then ask for that in your feedback.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

and Aliette really works against fungus.i used it on mangoes,oranges and roses.its an exlnt product.Bayer is great company.there pesticides are also very good.
Johara
Donor
Donor

Post by Johara »

Thanks Umar. I have tried not to use any pesticides on my veggiesbut with no success. Do you have any other suggestions? Have used soap, water and oil that does not work either.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Johara actually using chemicals are lost option.i use use pesticides & fungicides because the organic treatments normally do not give the desired results specially in case of fungus & mealy bugs.there is a time for pesticides.you should stop using chemicals 15 days before harvesting expected dates.then its safe to consume.but unfortunately the commercial growers do not care for our health.i grow so many vigies every year at home.
sara

Post by sara »

this happened last year to my tomatoes .. i tried all the organic methods nothing worked.. but my tomatoes were fine its just the leaves were curled no bugs either . this year i tried again only this time they didnt curl , they fruited and died really fast . i tried jelly bean hybrid tomatoes this year.
heard marigold planted near them helps so im gonna give it another try with flowers around them.
Sara
Johara
Donor
Donor

Post by Johara »

Thank Umar, will do that with my next crop.Thanks Sara. yellow and organge flowers near read tomatoes will look lovely and if it works the better :)

Return to “Pests and Diseases”