Veggies: Days to germinate according to Temperature

Friendly Graphical representation of Various gardening subjects.

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Veggies: Days to germinate according to Temperature

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: Veggies: Days to germinate according to Temperature

Post by Munir »

@ Farhan.
Great information this & the many other charts you are frequently posting. Farhan, as I have suggested earlier also, such useful info should remain handy, for easy reference whenever needed later,as presently it gets buried in volumes of other routine daily posts/discussion & becomes difficult to retrieve if one forgets the topic, which one normally does.There is a treasure of useful information scattered around all over, which is not made use of as it is not easily visible & a general searching is a tedious job.This type of information of permanent nature can be placed prominently/separately,called as reference section or anything appropriate or stay sticky in each chapter. Please reconsider.

I don't know how the others feel about it ?
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Thankyou Sir, i am just sharing good works of others.
I am posting these info-graphs in new section "Gardening Info-Graphs" with detailed heading so that it can be referenced if desired later.
This will also ensure that it does not bother those who consider it irrelevant or spamming and are not bugged.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

If you feel this/new section is not sufficient we can always look into how to further enhance accessibility.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

. Meets the requirement partially-probably I couldn't explain my point properly/fully. Thank you-partially. Will get back with more specific proposal,later.
. For now,just the instant & repeat experience: I read your reply but didn't have time to give a detailed response, which I thought will do later.Now when I tried to revert,didn't remember the topic & thus the same problem of search that I mentioned in my Ist post here. So there comes another related point & proposal: Is it possible to incorporate a separate option/section of "Read Later" to quickly get back to the pended posts- some may be for weeks,like "Move to" is there in E mail- Outlook? "Move to" would be even better,though may be difficult. For example: if a Mr. X due to time constraint during his long tour abroad just glanced through the daily posts & didn't have time to read the lengthy ones or to add comments,he could have moved these to this proposed option of "Read Later". Brig Arif, did you not feel the need? I did when I had time constraint. Farhan, please consider this also,if easily possible.
. Not a single comment from any member on the Ist proposal, gives me a feeling that it is only my problem or an insignificant one. NFA,if that be the case.
. Spirit/effort is to improve the working of the Forum-even if slightly & not my personal convenience alone.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Sir Technically its not possible. However there are some mods available which may/or may not have such features. But these mods have to be done through accessing server. In future we will look into it.

With no other possible solution. I recommend that you use "View active topics" for staying up to date with recently replied topics, however if you observe closely every thread you have not read has a green color icon onto its left size. Image Attached. Grey means you have read it. Green indicates that you have not read the last post of this thread. This can act as "read later" for now. Similarly you can use "unread post" tab to view threads/post you haven't read.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (10.96 KiB) Viewed 4812 times
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

munir sb you can use bookmark feature for it.just bookmark the topic you want to view later and it will be saved in your bookmarks list.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Sorry, I have either not been to explain my point properly or am not understanding yours. I was talking about the posts which though once opened, read/glanced through, had/wanted to be read/referrred to later.After opening the thread/post, it neither stays in the " Unread Post" nor carries the green leaf,any more. Looking for it in the" View active topics" amounts to hit & trial- thus the problem stays. How do you resolve this?
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Hamad Ahmed Kisana wrote:munir sb you can use bookmark feature for it.just bookmark the topic you want to view later and it will be saved in your bookmarks list.
Is it that simple? I will have to learn that today. Thanks
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Never Thought of that. Good thinking Hamad

Return to “Gardening Infographics”