A Master Gardener from South Africa specializes in Bulbs
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 143
- Joined: August 16th, 2013, 1:05 am
- Country: South Africa
- City: Cape Town
- Gardening Interests: I grow Clivias, Daylilies and numerous bulbs from the Amaryllidaceae family.
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
I have a few Ornithogalum longibracteatum bulbs, or perhaps better known by its common name of Pregnant Onion, flowering now. This common name was given because little bulbs form on the main bulb. The bulbs look like an onion. The flower scape grows to almost two meters high full of flowers.
- Senior Member
- Posts: 1331
- Joined: August 27th, 2012, 9:08 pm
- Country: Pakistan
- City: Lahore
- Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.
True to their name they tend to multiply fast and are very heat tolerant. Ornithogalum thyrosides are also quite pretty.