Beautiful sunny sunday

Moderator: Izhar

zeeshanuddin
City: Islamabad/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Palms, ferns, annuals, succulants, house plants

Re: Beautiful sunny sunday

Post by zeeshanuddin »

Syed Adnan wrote:Your Amaryllus is nice , can u post a full photo of it , pot size, leaves. and what is the life of bulb ?
Thanks everyone. I brought this amaryllis bulb (Hippeastrum reticulatum var. striatifolium......thanks to Mirafzal sahab for the name) from my Karachi garden in November 2011 and planted in a the pot shown below. It bloomed in January and then in December this year.
IMAG0408.jpg
IMAG0408.jpg (45.68 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Zeeshan
zeeshanuddin
City: Islamabad/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Palms, ferns, annuals, succulants, house plants

Post by zeeshanuddin »

AhmadIrfan wrote:Looking at the gazania gives an impression that these plants are self seeded, am I right ??
Yup...they are. The mother plants are planted nearby which I planted last spring. Some how their flowers this time of year seem much prettier than what I saw in spring.
Zeeshan
riaz
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Horticultural specially roses and interest in fragrant and bulbous plants

Post by riaz »

beautiful flowers, can you please add captions with every image so that i and others understand the names of these beauties, please tell me which flower is it in your post: http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/downlo ... &mode=view
Riaz
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

riaz wrote:beautiful flowers, can you please add captions with every image so that i and others understand the names of these beauties, please tell me which flower is it in your post: http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/downlo ... &mode=view
Gazania
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

zeeshanuddin wrote:
Syed Adnan wrote:Your Amaryllus is nice , can u post a full photo of it , pot size, leaves. and what is the life of bulb ?
Thanks everyone. I brought this amaryllis bulb (Hippeastrum reticulatum var. striatifolium......thanks to Mirafzal sahab for the name) from my Karachi garden in November 2011 and planted in a the pot shown below. It bloomed in January
Thanks for sharing.

Return to “Zeeshanuddin's Tropical Garden”