Environment Section.

Endangered species esp. plants and animals (ii) impact of overuse of chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, & pest controls on our lives (iii) wild-life of Pakistan and (iv) other interesting notes about the environmental issues again relevant to Pakistan.

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Environment Section.

Post by KBW »

Few members had requested addition of environment section on the forum in which all subjects related to environmental protection and improvement could be discussed. I request the Moderators / Admin to open a new section for Environment. Very good data on environmental protection and hazard is lying in various threads. The same may be shifted in the new section. Concerned members can indicated the data which is to be shifted. Thanks

Best Regards
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Environment Section.

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Consider it done shortly
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Good idea! We can discuss the scope here :-) Topics could include (i) endangered species esp. plants and animals, their pictures and little bit gen knowledge about them (ii) impact of overuse of chemicals such as fertilizers, herbicides, & pest controls on our lives (iii) wild-life of Pakistan and (iv) other interesting notes about the environmental issues again relevant to Pakistan.

The section would become more meaningful if contributors share their first hand knowledge, their experience and other observations. Excessive reliance on internet based articles may not be that interesting - however attention can be brought towards reliable online sources.
suffi
City: Haripur
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardenign , landscaping, medicinal plants reading and cultivation,

Post by suffi »

good idea , becaz environmental condition directly effect the plants and animal, for healthy environment need to grow plants and increase our vegetation
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

I suggest that for the time being, we may keep opening all kinds of threads related to environment in this section. When we have enough threads, we can decide to make further subsections (if needed), getting guidance from the subjects of threads already open.

I have a feeling that with the passage of time, this section will become an important section of this forum. After all, if we don't take care of environment now, we should be very clear that there will be very few gardens in the coming decades and we will be growing plants in the labs as specimens to tell our children that we used to have these beauties growing in our country outside our homes sometime back but somehow, we can’t grow them anymore. In addition, we might also have to confess to our children that many diseases that they get now are due to lack of environmental care on our part a few decades back. And in fact many feuds between the people of Pakistan in coming years are also likely to be due to environmental neglect AT THIS TIME. Imagine, people killing each other because their fathers did not take care of environment which reduced productivity and agriculture to such a dangerous extent that everyone started fighting for whatever little was left.

We have the option to close our eyes to this vital issue. The only consolation one might have could be that I might not be alive at that time to see those perils so why should I care?? Let me spend my own time well and my children will find some way out. After all, this world has survived liked that forever.

I wonder our children will forgive us for that or not :?
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Just a clarification, when I say "WE", it doesn't mean that I am accusing members of Gardening Pakistan for destroying Pakisani environment. I am talking about the people of Pakisan in particular and of the world, in general terms. :D

Return to “Environment Protection, Impact & Improvement”