getting seeds online!!

Moderator: Izhar

alimunir
City: Lahore

getting seeds online!!

Post by alimunir »

I have some questions regarding ordering seeds online, can somebody who has experience in this regard guide me??
-has anyone ordered online before??
-did you get the shipment??
-any certification,license required? (phytosanitary,import license etc)
-from where? (thailand,US,UK,Canada, etc)
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: getting seeds online!!

Post by khabbab »

alimunir wrote:I have some questions regarding ordering seeds online, can somebody who has experience in this regard guide me??
-has anyone ordered online before?? I order every 3 months online using my debit card. No problems except Thompson and morgan reject my card.
-did you get the shipment?? Always and always, never missed a single one. It does not matter if package is not registered although it should be.
-any certification,license required? (phytosanitary,import license etc) For small seeds packets up to 1 kg, nothing is required. If it is bulk, you can go to GPO and talk to guys.
-from where? (thailand,US,UK,Canada, etc) Yes lots of countries including USA, UK, South africa, cZech republic, Germany etc.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
alimunir

Post by alimunir »

thnx...
alimunir

Post by alimunir »

sorry to bother u again, but is it legal to import rhizomes in Pakistan. u see, its very hard to get seeds of bamboos online, most of the sellers are selling rhizomes for the variety which i am seeking. has anyone imported such thing and got it??
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Depends on weight. If it is a bulk shipment, GPO will hold it. I have got many tubers in small quantities and GPO ignored it. One important thing, it must be mentioned on the customs envelope that this is a gift item, a horticulture item having no commercial value. Hopefully they will let it go.
Lahore gardening blog
usman.haq
City: Islamabad

Post by usman.haq »

Hi Khabbab, you mentioned that you use a debit card online to purchase the seeds. which card are you using and i had an understanding that only credit cards can be used online, how are you using debit card?
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

usman.haq wrote:Hi Khabbab, you mentioned that you use a debit card online to purchase the seeds. which card are you using and i had an understanding that only credit cards can be used online, how are you using debit card?
Mostly i use my Standard chartered visa debit card, it works on most online sites. Sometimes i also use UBL prepaid Visa card which works on only those sites requiring 3 digit security code.
Lahore gardening blog
alimunir

Post by alimunir »

I have ordered from Summerhills seeds (Via their USPS service)...lets see if i get the delivery....:P

Return to “International seeds vendor list”