Index Of Plants in Database(Alphabatical)

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Index Of Plants in Database(Alphabatical)

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Sir agreed in principle. But we have to work out how to go about it practically using available tools of the forum. Like should we have separate index for annuals, shrubs, trees etc.

What i want to say is that idea is right but algorithm(plan of work/display) needs to be devised.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Farhan Ahmed wrote:Sir agreed in principle. But we have to work out how to go about it practically using available tools of the forum. Like should we have separate index for annuals, shrubs, trees etc.

What i want to say is that idea is right but algorithm(plan of work/display) needs to be devised.
I also agree with Farhan, let us make it more user friendly. Readers please give suggestions. The database is in its first draft stage so bear with us please. With my apologies in advance, 4-5 people had initially promised to assist in builiding this database in terms of entering plants' information. I am grateful to Hamad Kisana that he kept his promise. Munir shb, Farhan, and A. Y. Khan sb also supported in terms of pictures which was very helpful. Now that I don't have local photos of our garden plants (along with names) anymore, how can we move ahead without the assistance / interest by the rest of the readers.

In short: If we want to make database a decent sized database, more quality pictures are needed of our garden plants. Please share it on photobucket or email us at pakistan.flora@yahoo.com. We simply cannot lift interent pictures from here and there and post/ paste here.

Regards,
Farooq
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

The idea is workable i am in favor but the problem lies in the availability of tools, tabs, buttons that need to be developed for this.

Or we can make modifications in the already available template to fulfill the criteria of ease of readability and access ?

Return to “Database Index”