Patio logbook

Moderator: Izhar

newton
City: jhelum

Re: Patio logbook

Post by newton »

Well then how about a half circle of daylilies to complement the curves which are allready becoming evident in the design. The other half circle in something else.
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

I have a question. The tree that you see in the pic is a mango tree. It's in really bad shape, cuz in recent rains it received a lot of water. There was a small diversion in that area, which formed a puddle. The Mali says mango trees hate to be watered. So my question is, if I plant flowers of any kind underneath it, I'll have to water them frequently. Will the mango tree tolerate all that water? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
newton

Post by newton »

Some fruit trees benefit from being starved. In particular if they are being stubborn to fruit. Also having their root range under the canopy concreted over deprives the minute soil microflora of oxygen. This in turn decreases the symbiotic relationship the plant has with beneficial microflora.... Allah dey asray thay lagao, pir dekhi jay gi.
After all many trees have underplanted crops weeds etc and they still remain productive.
Shazia Khurram
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

I want to incorporate a Mediterranean theme in the patio. Will be using gravel, urns and terracotta or glazed pots. The focal point of the patio is a square structure. Will either use it as a planter, or place a big urn filled with geranium and ivy trailing down it. I also came across a picture of a formal fountain planted with succulents that looked really nice. I actually wanted a small pond or some kind of water feature, but everyone at home discouraged me cuz of dengue. I wish I could get hold of some ornamental grasses here in Isb/Rwp I'm in looove with the feathery swaying Pennisetum Hameln. My patio area is partially shady. You're welcome to share some easily available low maintenance plants with me.

Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Thank you Newton for your feedback.

Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Inspirational focal points

Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429892242.435112.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429892155.806436.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429892135.169740.jpg

newton

Post by newton »

Oh wow...what a great idea... im sorry but some of them are now stolen....... lol... for my own similarly suspended water feature
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

You're welcome to them :)

Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Day 7: Good day today. Finished almost all of cement work. Sealed the tough tile edges, and completed the central square bed. Will cover it up with a mixture of fine gravel and marble chips the coming week inshallah. The patio gate is erected as well. Also finished laying down the path. First made an outline with the gardening hose and sprinkled Plaster of Paris powder on it. Had the workmen dig up the path following the powder trail. The gravel and cement on the path is laid down and will dry overnight, ready for the tile work tomorrow. I'm sooo tired today, it was really hot too. But everything went according to plans, so no complaints:)

Return to “Shazia Khurram's garden”