Patio logbook

Moderator: Izhar

newton
City: jhelum

Re: Patio logbook

Post by newton »

Technically it would have been easier for the mistri to lay a straight path. The way it is being done now as a series of gentle curves facilitates the creation of deep and narrow flower beds. This means that plantings can be changed along the flowerbed giving it depth variety and substance.
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Tiling of the path completed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430035871.736994.jpg
Shazia Khurram
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Thank you for the encouragement Newton and Sir Arif. Coming from seasoned gardeners like yourselves means a lot to beginners like me.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Along a windy path have you thought about putting square planters on both sides maybe out of the same bricks and planting vines onto an archway. I have seen blue wisteria being grown along a pergola maybe 9 ft high with yellow laburnums. Both blossom at the same time and the effect is stunning. Maybe for pakistan the peela tebuila tree or a contrasting yellow flowered vine/climbing rose. Alternatively extending the season of flowering on the pergola. It provides shade as well as beauty in a differant way. I havent seen much use of that style here
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

@ newton : You paint the prettiest pictures. I'll definitely be using some of your ideas.
All the hard landscaping has been completed Alhamdullilah. I'll post updates when planting is completed, which will take a while. Thank you for your input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Pindi is a better place for a Gardener, be very selective from the beginning, it is hard for some to up root and replace established plants.
I am constantly doing it, Come October I would be up rooting two Habiscus I adore and a pink Dombe which I purchased only last year for few thousands, for re-location of my Amaryllis and Day lily beds.
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

A small update:
Before
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432223023.072692.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

After
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432223056.255831.jpg
Shazia Khurram

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Also, planted brunfelsia and a red miniature rose wine for trailing up around the arbor
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432223770.705460.jpg

Return to “Shazia Khurram's garden”