Street Trees Advice required

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Street Trees Advice required

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@Farooq Sb....i searched extensively for medium height trees that grow locally and only these 2 somehow met the criteria...i concur with you the canopy is not as shady and ideal for the purpose. then i thought some compromise has to be down :-)
khawarissslam
City: jhelum
Gardening Interests: I know i always love flowers, shadow trees and fruit tress.

Post by khawarissslam »

Thanks again and Jazak Allah

Actually I have baught four plants in which 2 are Alstonia , 1 is Neem and 4th one is called Green Palm suggested by nursery men for fast growth and reasonable shade. The name "Green palm" was strange for me as that plant don't look like palm at all but both nursery man and my Gardner pronounce same name again and again. Farooq Bhai I don't know how to upload pictures otherwise I can surely post pictures for useful guidelines.
Unfortunately, All other English names of plants suggested were unknown for nursery men and hence I couldn't buy any of those.

However, you people shared best of your knowledge and it shall be rewarded and appreciated by Almighty Allah, in sha Alkah taAla.
Jazaak Allah
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

khawarissslam wrote:Thanks again and Jazak Allah

Actually I have baught four plants in which 2 are Alstonia , 1 is Neem and 4th one is called Green Palm suggested by nursery men for fast growth and reasonable shade. The name "Green palm" was strange for me as that plant don't look like palm at all but both nursery man and my Gardner pronounce same name again and again. Farooq Bhai I don't know how to upload pictures otherwise I can surely post pictures for useful guidelines.
Unfortunately, All other English names of plants suggested were unknown for nursery men and hence I couldn't buy any of those.

However, you people shared best of your knowledge and it shall be rewarded and appreciated by Almighty Allah, in sha Alkah taAla.
Jazaak Allah
Thank you for your feedback and prayers. You can email your pictures at pakistan.flora@yahoo.com if you find uploading difficult.

Nurserymen do know "Latin" names but they pronounce it in such a way that it does not sound exactly like the proper name. You can browse our new born database. It has more than 100 local plants with pictures and basic information along with the name in Urdu. viewforum.php?f=37

Regards,

Farooq
dashingstyle143
City: karachi

Post by dashingstyle143 »

is cornocorp plant harmful for health , as i heared from someone that is effect on health of "damma" patient.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

I haven't observed a marked increase in numbers of acute asthma patients in Karachi over the last 10 years or so... so contrary to belief and claim by many botanical experts it has no apparent ill-effect on health...
dashingstyle143
City: karachi

Post by dashingstyle143 »

actually i was confused about this plant as i have grew up them at my place ...

Thanks Izhar bro, point cleared now.
nomibucha
City: islamabad
Gardening Interests: yes i really intrested in it

Post by nomibucha »

When planting any type of tree near any existing sidewalk or street then you will probably need the approval of the city where you reside in.
Gondal
City: Jhelum, Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Lawn, Fruits, Shades

Post by Gondal »

Spotted these trees in Jhelum district courts. They were planted two years ago and now they have grown really tall. What is its name? To me, it looked like concorpus.
Gondal
City: Jhelum, Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Lawn, Fruits, Shades

Post by Gondal »

can some one tell me the name of this tree?
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Conocarpous

Return to “General Discussion”