Land scaping

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Land scaping

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan » August 24th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Landscaping at its best, how many flowers can you spot.

Arif

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Land scaping

Post by Farhan Ahmed » August 24th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Question is ...will you be a landscaper :-)

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan » August 25th, 2013, 8:48 am

If only I could create some thing like this. Most of these plants would not survive in Lahore.

Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed » August 25th, 2013, 9:43 am

Allah created landscapes.....and I wonder why he didn't put so to say exotic plants in every scene. I see wildflowers, i see wild grasses, i see Prairies and things that are so to say "so ordinary".........yet admirable. His gardens do not have abundance of rare species of certain bulbs, but abundance of very ordinary. That is the beauty of landscaping, a picture taken from afar. A single ingredient of that composition has no value, but an overall aura. It has to be looked from afar, without going into detail, an overall picture. Not Flawless. Not exquisite.

newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton » August 25th, 2013, 1:56 pm

I spot three of the finest ones in the centre of the picture, they have nice kind faces

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan » August 25th, 2013, 9:00 pm

newton wrote:I spot three of the finest ones in the centre of the picture, they have nice kind faces
Three generations, Thank you.

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan » August 25th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Farhan Ahmed wrote:Allah created landscapes.....and I wonder why he didn't put so to say exotic plants in every scene. I see wildflowers, i see wild grasses, i see Prairies and things that are so to say "so ordinary".........yet admirable. His gardens do not have abundance of rare species of certain bulbs, but abundance of very ordinary. That is the beauty of landscaping, a picture taken from afar. A single ingredient of that composition has no value, but an overall aura. It has to be looked from afar, without going into detail, an overall picture. Not Flawless. Not exquisite.
The teacher is the nature, we humans are only trying to recreate and copy from nature what ever we are able to, may it be gardening or scientific advances like nuclear energy.

newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton » August 26th, 2013, 12:11 am

Its not every day that one comes across the opportunity to meet a world icon.

Fortune came my way at the Southport Flower Show UK where I was afforded a private meeting with non other than the UK’s number one botanist, author, environmental campaigner and TV personality Sir David Bellamy OBE.

At a sprightly 80 yrs of age and with career of more than 60 years under his belt he was still oozing with enthusiasm at being blessed with the chance to attend another flower show. One of the things he touched upon was how the honey bee population in the UK was being decimated. He explained how at one time most people were very aware of their environment and utilised the soil and their plants in harmony with each other thus benefiting everyone. Nowadays people grow so many hybrid plants and these don't produce the scents and sugars the bees need in order to survive. The thoughtless use of chemicals also decimates their population, without the bees pollination of many fruits and flowers doesn't take place, honey doesn't get produced and we all lose out as a result.

He went on to say he had been around the globe visiting every continent and deep sea diving in every one of the worlds oceans more than 21 times, one of the most memorable places he visited was the tropics of south/north America where two continents and two of the worlds ocean meet, creating a melting pot of flowers and fauna across vast forests rivers and deltas. An area unique because of its location, teeming with every kind of life, capturing bio diversity at its most luxuriant. Sadly on a return visit he witnessed all of this gone, vast tracts of forest had been cleared leaving a barren landscape. all due to being cleared for agricultural farming, which by the way was unsuccessful as it was not sustainable and latterly unproductive.

When working in harmony with nature people have learned and adapted to their environment to make the most of their natural resources, when we get greedy and impatient we upset the balance of nature and Allah surely punishes us in one way or another. Like children its much later we learn that without that particular cog or "purza" the machine will not work efficiently, when we remove enough of them then the machine will stop.

Within Ibrahimic religions of the world like Islam and Christianity the concept of heaven exists as a place of paradise with gardens, flowers and fruits, a land of milk and honey. Gardeners recreate that concept here on earth and in doing so be closer to Allah and the teachings of his prophet Muhammad SAW (PBUH).

Very true and very wise words spoken from a Christian, long may it continue.
Attachments
David.jpeg
Ifzal, sir David Bellamy and Nazir (from left to right)
David.jpeg (20.66 KiB) Viewed 1178 times

Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed » August 26th, 2013, 7:04 am

I am more happy to see you Ifzal Sb, then David :-). Good Going
Nicely put up. I concur fully with your point of view/and his.

Though i can't help noticing our octogenarian, Sir Arif is still young and kicking :-), whereas Mr David seem weak. Is it Desi Food or military service :-)?

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir » August 26th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Nice seeing you, Newton from Uk & Ifzal from Jhelum,with a gentleman each of both origins.Incidently, what is the background to the name"Newton", unless secret?

Return to “General Discussion”