How to get seeds from Sehra & Almanda Plants

Moderator: Izhar

dashingstyle143
City: karachi

How to get seeds from Sehra & Almanda Plants

Post by dashingstyle143 »

As'salam o Alikum,
Could any one share me that, how to get seeds from Palak, Hara Dhanya, Sehra & Almanda Plants
i have above mentioned plants and want to get more plants from them
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: How to get seeds from Sehra & Almanda Plants

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Its always better to get fresh seeds of vegetable for growing.
If you want to harvest hara dhanya for kitchen use then you need to wait, till it flowers/bolts and make seeds. Its no rocket science, it will make seeds itself and they will be quite evident.
Similarly Palak also. But you should be expecting these seeds around March onwards as the season of both has just started. They won't bolt near soon unless you somehow grew them earlier.

I don't know what sehra is...can you be more specific?

No knowledge about alamanda
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

By sehra probably you mean sehra bel the bombay creeper. You should get its seeds and allamanda seeds from a good nursery.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

I think by Sehra bail the original poster means Quisqualis indica (relatively popular name of this in Karachi, some call it Dulhan bail :-)). Khabbab I haven't heard of Bombay creeper before, is it the same plant? Never got a chance to see the seeds of Allamanda or Sehra bail because the flowers simply drop after flowering.

Original poster: please share the pictures of sehra and allamanda. What is sold as allamanda is not true allamanda! The true allamanda is a pretty expensive plant. You can explore the forum's plant database for names and pictures. All plants are listed alphabetically with their scientific names.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2263
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

> My view is that one need not take seeds of plants,veggies or even flowers,unless they are rare or expensive or required in large quantity; Some reasons:
. The plant(s) kept for seeds will have to stay longer in ground when not attractive & while the same ground space may be required for new plants.
. In trees/plants it takes much longer to grow from a seed & even more to flower/fruit, compared to cutting or grafting & then one is not sure about the result.
. Some of the self collected seeds may not give true results; then treating them with chemicals where required,preserving/storing them-some with special care may be a hassle,not worth an effort.
. The seeds/seedlings in most common cases are fairly cheap in the market.

> Any other views?

> Khabbab,do the nurseries in lahore sell the seeds also? I don't think this is the practice in Pindi/Islamabad.
dashingstyle143

thanks all for thier good response for reference Allmanda plant pciture is attached
Attachments
allmanda.jpg
allmanda.jpg (98.31 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
dashingstyle143

thanks
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Any other views?

> Khabbab,do the nurseries in lahore sell the seeds also? I don't think this is the practice in Pindi/Islamabad.

The breeder who wants to develop new varieties would like to know ;)

Some seed sellers have nurseries of their own, Grow more , pride and chanan din.
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by Munir » September 29th, 2013, 7:44 am

> My view is that one need not take seeds of plants,veggies or even flowers,unless they are rare or expensive or required in large quantity
i agree that it is simply not worth the effort as Sehra Bel and Allamanda are not expensive. Allamanda price should be around Rs 250-300 and Sehra Bel around Rs 50-100.
Boorneked
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

doxycycline coronavirus treatment

Post by Boorneked »

Menstruation usually begins two or three days, but may begin as late as the fourth or fifth day, after discontinuing medication. <a href=http://buydoxycyclineon.com/>doxycycline for acne</a>

Return to “General Discussion”