what is your favourit

Moderator: Izhar

imranarshad263
City: liaquatpur
Gardening Interests: Lawn

Re: what is your favourit

Post by imranarshad263 »

ifzal bhi i understand your thought.you cant distingwish between your plants like child for its mom.but please you can tell us your flower plants which are strong or week in health in summer.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

AOA, Imran dear keeping in view your location it appears you will have to find out your self what would be best to grow in your region, in winter and summer. In your climate You will be able to grow Clianthus better than any of us.
My suggestion is you go through Farhans blog and posts, select flowers/plants you would like to grow, try them all and for coming years you will know what to plant. You can request for small quantity of each from seed bank.

I find his post Project Spring 2014 very helpful in deciding what not to grow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Which to me is of greater value).
Arif
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

. Imran,I'd suggest seek local wisdom. Ask a good gardener or a good nursery in town, what all grows well in the local conditions. Moreover,Sheikhupura weather/environment being closer to your's than others in the Forum,Hamad Kisana's opinion may be more pertinent & thus useful to you.
. However,if I may give my choice in Summer Annuals, I like to grow Zinnia,Vinca,Cosmos & Portulaca in main flower beds & a sprinkling of Balsam,Cockcomb here & there. Vinca,Coleus & Capsicum in pots. I believe you are now late for this season, but may try a few of these,if you could get some seedlings from the local nursery.
. In flowering bushes,do try Motia, jasmine, Marwa & Raat ki Rani-all fragrant. Also try to grow tuberose,again very nice fragrant flowers. All of these plant are easy to grow.
. Do give a feed back,when you finally undertake any such exercise. Best of luck.
Last edited by Munir on June 24th, 2014, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

:lol: :D :lol: :D @munir sb liqat pur is near bhawalpur,raim yar khan...at least 500 km from sheikhupura.... :D :P
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Hamad Ahmed Kisana wrote::lol: :D :lol: :D @munir sb liqat pur is near bhawalpur,raim yar khan...at least 500 km from sheikhupura.... :D :P
Quite right,but we don't have any active member from Bahawalpur or RYK;that way I guess you are the closest to him. Mreover, I think no one else is better placed than you with your expertise to give a word of advice to him,if you please. Incidently,I am your fan.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Imran Zinnia, Vinca portulaca & Glob Amranthus is best at Bahawlpur so it will be better for you.Vinca does not like rains & is very drought resistant so very suitable for your climate.Glob Amaranthus is extremly drought tolerant & flowers non stop through the summer.Its perfect annual for your climate.Don,t try Cocks comb these days plant it out after mid August for fall display.Another thing which you must plant as dot plant or speciman plant is Kochia.Gul bahar nursery is one of the top nursery at Bahawalpur & its very near to Sadiq Egerton college.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote: very helpful in deciding what not to grow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arif
Be careful God must be listening :-)
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

in my little experience best annuals for warm summer are vinca,rudbeckia,gillardia and zinnia...but i am not satisfied with the performance of all these due to severe heat.in perennials i am big fan of hibiscus,Lagerstroemia and crossandra.for weather of bahawalpur i will recommend clianthus as brig sb pointed it is very beautiful and heat resistance plant.will thrive best in climate of bahawalpur.
imranarshad263
City: liaquatpur
Gardening Interests: Lawn

Post by imranarshad263 »

thanks all freinds for there suggestions. i have vinca gadrila with nice blooms in my garden.gompherena cokscomb also on blooms and they very well resiset the heat of june.zennia i love,i got some seedling from multan but they all dead due to some disease.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Imran the factor may be wrong watering or watering daily.

Return to “General Discussion”