My worm farm (for Earth Worm Castings)

Moderator: Izhar

RedEyeJedi
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Intend to grow organic vegetables for personal consumption.

Re: My worm farm (for Earth Worm Castings)

Post by RedEyeJedi »

Jawad you can try out a nursery in your area. Ask them for 'Kechwa'... at least that's what my maali calls em
RedEyeJedi
Gardening Interests: Intend to grow organic vegetables for personal consumption.

Post by RedEyeJedi »

aykhan wrote:I have notice if you put good soil to start with ie a lot of organic matter you don't need to breed worms. I sometimes think now there are too many worms in my beds.....
I think there's a little confusion here. I don't put the worms themselves in my soil.

I use the poop that the worms produce (castings) from what i feed them while in these barrels, then after taking the worms out of the finished poop, i mix it with my soil as a compost.

Hope that clears things.
MUBASHERFAIZ
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardening

Post by MUBASHERFAIZ »

FROM WHERE I CAN GER RED WRIGGLER IN PAKISTAN
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

RedEyeJedi wrote:
aykhan wrote:I have notice if you put good soil to start with ie a lot of organic matter you don't need to breed worms. I sometimes think now there are too many worms in my beds.....
I think there's a little confusion here. I don't put the worms themselves in my soil.

I use the poop that the worms produce (castings) from what i feed them while in these barrels, then after taking the worms out of the finished poop, i mix it with my soil as a compost.

AND LOOK AT THE RESULT. :?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

I am waiting to see the results where the worm castings were used compared with the control.
RedEyeJedi

Post by RedEyeJedi »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:I am waiting to see the results where the worm castings were used compared with the control.
Haven't really gotten around to the controlled testing yet to be honest. Moved houses n had a baby so been pretty hectic the last few months.

I am however preparing some raised beds for veggies in my garden. And I'll be dumping lots of castings in there (along with some other compost). Will share the pics when its up and running.....

I'll also get around to setting up a WC vs other compost test.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Good would be looking forward to your results, no result is of any value without a control.
usasidd
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: growing vegetables

Post by usasidd »

kindly tell me from where u get red worms in pakistan, i searched them in punjab but found nothing.
sara

Post by sara »

I’m thinking of starting a worm bin as well .. any advise or tips that you have learned so far?
Sara

Return to “General Discussion”