GMO Seeds

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

GMO Seeds

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

AayJay likes to grow vegetables and in the introductory thread has asked if non GMO seeds are available at Lahore seed shops?
Two questions cropped up in my mind;
GMO seeds are developed to improve the quality/yield of crops, so why doesn't he want them ?
The market for these patented seeds are corporate farmers, are these available at petty retailers?
Arif
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: GMO Seeds

Post by M Farooq »

Why do you always ask difficult questions?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

M Farooq wrote:Why do you always ask difficult questions?
No question is difficult, the answer has to be sought.

To question, think and analyse are the gift of Allah given to Adam and his progeny only. Let us be what Allah wanted us to be.
Arif
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

M Farooq wrote:Why do you always ask difficult questions?
Why it is always you, spoon feeding and not letting them search/think.
Arif
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

I was saying that in jest because you said "GMO seeds are developed to improve the quality/yield of crops, so why doesn't he want them.

Since the original poster vanished after asking his query nobody knows why he doesn't want them. Coming to the real difficult question, GMO is not a trivial idea (and I have no detailed scientific knowledge about it). There were some members who were studying plant sciences but I have not seen them participating in scientific discussions.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Dear Aayjay,
Basically it was in response to your thread and you have not responded.
Why no GMO seeds?
Muhammad Bilal
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

There were some members who were studying plant sciences but I have not seen them participating in scientific discussions.[/quote]

The reason why agricultural sciences members are not participating in the discussion, very important question for me, what I see here there is "Qabza group" in this forum. who did not allow others to talk and always discourage when they participate in the discussion. This qabza group always struggle to keep their dominancy. This qabza group is dominant in this forum.
When someone post a question or ask something he rarely get his answer but when qabza group post, even a bhonda question, every one rash to participate in his discussion. This is bad thing for this forum.
No one should be given priority or preference even they are old ones. The forum rule and policy should be equal for all of his members or for gardening lovers.
Learn & Share
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Muhammad Bilal wrote:There were some members who were studying plant sciences but I have not seen them participating in scientific discussions.
The reason why agricultural sciences members are not participating in the discussion, very important question for me, what I see here there is "Qabza group" in this forum. who did not allow others to talk and always discourage when they participate in the discussion. This qabza group always struggle to keep their dominancy. This qabza group is dominant in this forum.
When someone post a question or ask something he rarely get his answer but when qabza group post, even a bhonda question, every one rash to participate in his discussion. This is bad thing for this forum.
No one should be given priority or preference even they are old ones. The forum rule and policy should be equal for all of his members or for gardening lovers.[/quote]

Billal has made some very serious allegations.
He will have to stand up to and defend every word he has printed.
Perhaps the administration would like to ask him?

The composition of Qabza Group which always struggles to keep their dominance and is dominant in this forum.
How can and has this group not allowed others to talk (example/proof).
How has the Qabza group discouraged them/whom to participate in the discussions (instance?)
What is a bhonda question? a question which has no relevancy with gardening, a question of no interest to any one or one which is too difficult for those studying plant sciences to answer.
No one should be given priority or preference even they are old ones. The forum rule and policy should be equal for all of his members
This statement is a fabrication in totality, he may be asked to indicate rules and policy which according to him gives priority and preference to the Qabza group and the old ones.
Marshal Ch posted a question on 6th August no one studying plant sciences guided him till 11th. The only response is from the old one.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3971#p39917
After an explanation has been rendered to Administration I will request ALL members baring the Qabza group to give their opinion
Old one
Arif
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Muhammad Bilal wrote:There were some members who were studying plant sciences but I have not seen them participating in scientific discussions.
No one should be given priority or preference even they are old ones. The forum rule and policy should be equal for all of his members or for gardening lovers

I rose from a commoner/newbie to be a moderator, in short time, before even personally meeting anyone from forum/Admin team.
The group is open and debates are healthy.
Yes there are some senior members who are respected just by choice, because they are learned and were founders of this very forum.

The dominance is only apparent, because these members talk with authority in their own capacity.
Common/small questions sometime go unanswered because they have been asked time and again earlier. Moreover anyways forum is low and down these days, maybe inquilab :-), over commitment or due hot summers.

All are equal, no one is superior and we often confront each other.

Especially as regards to Sir Arif, one needs to understand that he sometimes cross question(which to some may appear inappropriate) to start the thinking process. He is sometimes a strict instructor :-). But we love the way he is...
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

No one should be given priority or preference even they are old ones. The forum rule and policy should be equal for all of his members or for gardening lovers.[/quote]

Dear Bilal, These are relatively strong words. I am not sure who you are referring to as a "group". The age group of this once lively forum ranges from 15 to 100. I am not not sure what can one achieve by being dominant in the forum? One cannot get any promotion or a salary increase by being an active participant here. And you always have the option of not replying to something which you don't like. Gardening is just a hobby. Please feel free to post and reply to scientific discussions and do not mind follow up questions, corrections and suggestions, if any. Since we do not have plant scientists here, you input is valuable, if and only if you participate.

Return to “General Discussion”