Money plant the funny plant

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Money plant the funny plant

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

You stick its branch in a bottle of water and it roots and keeps growing if you keep changing water, will do so if stuck in a pot or ground. It will keep growing in length with usually small leaves.
Once I asked my Mali Why the money plant was not doing well, he retorted sir you don't have enough money.
Planted in ground supported by a tree it is very happy, its roots cling to the bark of the tree and even in full sun the leaves become large as in above picture, on a shady tree the leaves are even larger.
Is it a parasite sucking food from the tree or is it just a symbiotic relationship?
Arif
saadiah tariq
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: By registering to a forum i wish to enhance my gardening abilities.

Re: Money plant the funny plant

Post by saadiah tariq »

money plant has nothing to do with " money".though it has a strange habit of clinging to a nearby wall or a tree. if it clings to a tree it starts sucking energy from the tree trunk. our mangoe tree had money plant vine clung to its trunk which retarded its growth. other than that obnoxiously large leaves looks amazing.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

The reason why it is called money plant is that it is supposed to attract money if you dig from someone else's garden and plant it in yours. Of course just a myth.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

The name refers to a number of plant types incl the above pic, pachira, lucky bamboo- all these r thought to bring good luck. And there is plenty of ppl with whom this idea is sold even if I m not one to share it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”