Caladium, Tuberose, Purslane

Moderator: Izhar

farhan
City: karachi

Caladium, Tuberose, Purslane

Post by farhan »

AOA,

I have tuberoses that are still growing in mid December. And I remember long time ago I had an Office time (Purslane) plant that kept on growing for 2-3 years (then it was destroyed by cats). Never had good fate with Caladiums but would love to have them.

So has anybody grown them as perennials in Karachi? Any tips? How about bringing them inside when it gets really cold.
hnasir
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Orchids
Roses
Citrus
Annuals

Re: Caladium, Tuberose, Purslane

Post by hnasir »

I can only tell you about tuberoses. They are perennials, don't die, multiply pretty fast, and bloom twice a year for me in Karachi!
Muhammad Bilal
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

hnasir wrote:I can only tell you about tuberoses. They are perennials, don't die, multiply pretty fast, and bloom twice a year for me in Karachi!
For information share only, they are not perennial in my temperate region Quetta, they die in winter and also they bloom only once in a year ;)
Learn & Share
farhan
City: karachi

Post by farhan »

Muhammad Bilal wrote:
hnasir wrote:I can only tell you about tuberoses. They are perennials, don't die, multiply pretty fast, and bloom twice a year for me in Karachi!
For information share only, they are not perennial in my temperate region Quetta, they die in winter and also they bloom only once in a year ;)
Well thats becasue in karachi we never get sub-zero temperatures. And Quetta is very very cold compared to that ;)
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Caladiums are very easy plants in Karachi, they require protection from mid day sun in summers and low watering in winters... they become dormant in winters...

Return to “General Discussion”