What is wrong

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: What is wrong

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

No doubt the rains are a blessing, It is the mismanagement at local,provincial and National levels that the blessing turns in to a disaster.
Local level the natural drainage of the area gets blocked by the narrow sighted development were the interest of the developers is the governing factor. At the Provincial and National level it is the political clout and vested interest of politicians. We will not build dams or other water storage as it may benefit the rival Political party or the province.
The glaring example of Kala Bagh Dam is UN forgiveable.
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

True...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

I restricted myself to California. The best I could manage was the Pacific coastal highway. It was still so green I could never have thought they r suffering thru drought lol...will try bing

talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Watch these vids on Cali drought.scarce rainfall-excess pumping of ground water-higher temperatures = parts of land mass sinking-triggering of minor earthquakes esp in the San Andreas fault line-dried up lakes/reservoirs-whole towns without running water in their taps-CULTIVATED LAND TURNING IN TO DESERT: depleting fruit crops n rising prices consequently (California is the biggest supplier of fruit crops to whole of USA and the 7th largest economy in the world mainly be of its agriculture;not Silicon Valley)-raging wildfires due to dry weather,dead/dried shrubs-(depleted grazing lands)horse breeders forced to either give away their horses (free) as they don't even have time to sell them or sell them to butchers(Mexican) for the price of meat/pound!
And I always imagined we can desalinate seawater and live on...
Link to the CNN vids(16 clips on Cali drought):
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/0 ... t-orig.cnn

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

And the drought in Australia,when they had to kill their cattle when no country would take them even free.
The deserts of Rajputana and Sind were also once green.
Nut shell BETTER WATER MANAGEMENT.
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

When was this? Why didn't anyone take them-disease?

talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

I feel we r so helpless without rain water that no matter how good our water conservation is, we r ultimately dependent on the water that drops from above. It holds the whole ecosystem in place.
Having a prolonged period without rain is no less devastating than the worst earthquake or tsunami.

There was a Hadith recited at today's jumma sermon: 'don't waste water even if u r doing ablution by a river'

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

There is no doubt in ANY body's mind that rains are a blessing and May Allah bless us with much more and give us wisdom to utilise them properly.
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Amen.

Return to “General Discussion”