Cantonement & choona

Moderator: Izhar

yawer
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Fruit Trees

Re: Cantonement & choona

Post by yawer »

Yes a slight bluish tinge can be observed. One has to add keeping the standard ratio of lime, CuSo4, and water.
Last year citrus disease could only be removed using this as nothing else worked.

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk
Yawer
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Thanku yawer Sb for clearing this. I just hope similar reasons are employed whilst they did it to all trees in cantt. I particularly didn't like palms being ruined

Sent from TBA iPhone using Tapatalk
yawer

Post by yawer »

perhaps for the same reason. At my place i have never done it for trees other than fruit trees.

Yawer
talha.bin.ayub

Cantonement & choona

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

yawer wrote:perhaps for the same reason. At my place i have never done it for trees other than fruit trees.

Yawer Sb I learned yesterday that in creating deadwood on bonsai (called 'Jin and shari') bonsai artists paint the deadwood with a mixture of lime and sulphur. The white appearance has a sought after value and the combination paint prevents dead wood from rotting!

Sent from TBA iPhone using Tapatalk
yawer

Post by yawer »

Not aware for Bonsai. But mixed with some warnish did extend life of my wooden logs for several years now despite keeping them in open.
For trees it is the usual Bordeaux mixture, thin for spray and paste for trunks. Pathogens, soil borne and fungal are removed. Affects remain even after whole winter season rains till start of February.

Yawer
saadiah tariq
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: By registering to a forum i wish to enhance my gardening abilities.

Post by saadiah tariq »

i ve also seen this practice all my life,( adds the tidiness of place by wearing uniforms,), and always hated this practice due to waste of money and effort. they can keep their manpower busy elsewhere, they use lotta to pour choona around the mud circle around young plants.

Return to “General Discussion”