Re: Plant Hormones

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452655661.264206.jpg
The 500 ml bottle has to be diluted in 120 litres of water

Sent from TBA iPhone using Tapatalk
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Talked to Sajid Sindhu. Nice guy. He didn't advise cabby-88 for domestic gardeners. He told of a doctor friend who took the 500 ml and diluted it in 120 litres of water. Sprayed his 5 Marla lawn with the whole 120 litres. Woke up next day to majority of his plants dead.
The 120 litre dilution is for 1 acre of land.
I guess I too have a tendency of leaning on excess when it comes to the good stuff. Maybe it's nature and we all have to learn to use little where "little is more".

Cabby-88 he said mainly has amino acids etc and very small quantities of pgr's. It's prime purpose is to induce plant to fruit.

Khabbab can u plz explain how u dilute the pgr's u have used and how u spray them and in what quantity? Thanks

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

talha.bin.ayub wrote:Talked to Sajid Sindhu. Nice guy. He didn't advise cabby-88 for domestic gardeners. He told of a doctor friend who took the 500 ml and diluted it in 120 litres of water. Sprayed his 5 Marla lawn with the whole 120 litres. Woke up next day to majority of his plants dead.
The 120 litre dilution is for 1 acre of land.
I guess I too have a tendency of leaning on excess when it comes to the good stuff. Maybe it's nature and we all have to learn to use little where "little is more".

Cabby-88 he said mainly has amino acids etc and very small quantities of pgr's. It's prime purpose is to induce plant to fruit.

Khabbab can u plz explain how u dilute the pgr's u have used and how u spray them and in what quantity? Thanks

Cabi-88 i use 1 ml per litre. If you have tendency to excess do not use any plant hormone :). This problem will not just with cabi-88 but all plant hormones including NAA and GA-3.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

I m eager to resist the urge. So how many ml of this dilution would u use per plant?

talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Knowing the precise details of use would help everyone avoid fatal mistakes. Do plz detail over GA-3, NAA, caby-88 and super thrive. How u made your dilution? How u dispensed it (spray?), do u spray all the foliage of each plant? Waiting

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

We were :D gardeners without them, do we really require them?
Sorry cant resist trying them.
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Sir the prospect of seeing some my plants get back to better health puts the odds of trying better higher than just waiting. But I don't want to kill my plants, so khabbabs advice is pretty important

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

I always foliar spray these hormones and do not wet whole plant, just light spray so that almost 50% of leaves get wet, no underside leaves spray. Actually, you will have to experiment to find the right quantity for your plants and for your micro climate. Start with lowest dose and gradually increase to find the threshold, this is what i did. Your threshold will be different than mine. Also, i do not have a measuring scale so i use my own desi tactics to judge the powder quantity which will be different for you. I spray all plants with same solution, no specific treatment for any plant.

Cabi-88 As mentioned already i mix 1ml in one litre and foliar spray every months. I use it in half this strength on seedlings. I use double strength for some older mature rose plants with no burning. You can experiment fertigation if it server better than foliar.

NAA Because superthrive also has NAA, i rarely use it separately. But start with 1ml per gallon and increase gradually to find the right PPM for your plants. I use foliar spray no drench.

GA-3 I take a small pinch of powder the size of an ant (yes size of ant) and dissolve it in 1 ml of rubbing alcohol. Then put it my 8 litre water can. I spray all plants with it, never drench because i heard it inhibits root growth so always foliar.

SuperThrive I only use it when transplanting important plants. Mix 1 drop (1 drop not one ml) in one gallon and water plants after transplanting. Drench. I tried foliar on some seedlings but did not see much difference.

Its just Lahu garam rakhne ka he ik bahana. I have seen most good gardeners growing very healthy plants without these PGR's :) Its just the habit of experimenting which makes me try these PGR's and different new things.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Thanks for the detailed reply. Appreciate it

Return to “General Discussion”