DIY HANGING BASKET

Moderator: Izhar

MOHAN SINGH
City: LUDHIANA
Gardening Interests: Novice gardener trying annuals on my new terrace container garden.

Re: DIY HANGING BASKET

Post by MOHAN SINGH »

Izhar wrote:How old this setup is?? if it is freshly planted then just wait and keep moist...

Yes exactly that is my point.. we did this on sunday and the pic is just after the setup and watering.. even otherwise it is cloudy these days so i think the sogginess should subside may be in the coming week...
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

In my experience, hanging baskets need more water than regular pots, they dry out faster, especially in warm weather. I had some planted with the wandering Jew plant last summer and had to water it very frequently.
Try adding some trailing ivy as a filler to your basket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Petunia dont like water much, I water my petunia when it get dry for 2-3 days... you should do the same.. also do not give any NPK to it unless it starts growth.. in cool weather like nowadays, moisture is retained for long...
MOHAN SINGH
Gardening Interests: Novice gardener trying annuals on my new terrace container garden.

Post by MOHAN SINGH »

Shazia Khurram wrote:In my experience, hanging baskets need more water than regular pots, they dry out faster, especially in warm weather. I had some planted with the wandering Jew plant last summer and had to water it very frequently.
Try adding some trailing ivy as a filler to your basket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
trailing ivy is a gud idea for the bold effect.. i always wanted it but dnt knw the local name.. any idea what its called?..
MOHAN SINGH

Post by MOHAN SINGH »

Izhar wrote:Petunia dont like water much, I water my petunia when it get dry for 2-3 days... you should do the same.. also do not give any NPK to it unless it starts growth.. in cool weather like nowadays, moisture is retained for long...
sure thing.. thanks
MOHAN SINGH

Post by MOHAN SINGH »

Petunias having a party.. Regular npk does wonders..
Attachments
New addition to the basket.. the lime color was knocked over by winds..
New addition to the basket.. the lime color was knocked over by winds..
IMG_20160303_210105_1457422103221(1).jpg
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

For Petunias I use 12 inch pot and a single plant, Petunias will give 35 to 40 flowers at the moment on a single plant if it is healthy. Petunias are heavy feeders, they are resistant to many pests and diseases too. No annual garden is completed without a Petunia, get he max. out of this amazing plant, a photo is attached for your reference from my library.
Attachments
petunia.jpg
MOHAN SINGH

Post by MOHAN SINGH »

Basket as on day
Attachments
IMG_20160326_073432_1458985675961-min.jpg

Return to “General Discussion”