My Pot ingredients

Moderator: Izhar

Shahzz
City: Lahore

Re: My Pot ingredients

Post by Shahzz »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote: Image
Sir If one has to add pumice in the mix, should it be an add-on, or may replace any of the ingredients?(sand and Kairy maybe)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Izhar wrote:I was asking as I saw all the nurseries in Yangon doing the same and their plants were thriving well in extreme heat... they do add manure and compost in the RHA for bigger plants...
Izhar, I was just teasing. You know I can not resist trying out all I see and hear. and I did try RHA with chemical fertilisers, My last post was the result of that experience ;(Not enough nutrition, Will not provide proper hold to the plant, changing the pot is almost impossible and dries out rather fast). :ugeek:
It is too light and has no adhesion to hold a plant specially tall ones, you have to add organic matter like manure,leaf compost to retain moisture and nutrients, on re-potting you are left holding the stem and bare roots, the pots are too light to resist strong wind, it suits the nursery man for its light weight in transportation.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

As an experiment I planted a Euphorbia cutting in Kairy and coco husk only in a 6 inch pot. It was doing better than the others potted in potting mix. This morning I changed them all to 10 inch pots, on inverting the Kairy pot I was left with the stem with good bare roots in my hand so I had no option to re-pot it in my normal mix.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Interesting !

Why would someone try the other options if he has Bhal, Manure, and Compost ? I believe it is the best combo.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Syed Adnan wrote:Interesting !

Why would someone try the other options if he has Bhal, Manure, and Compost ? I believe it is the best combo.
This is the basic.. and true for many plants but not for all...
Usama
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Plants, Roses, vines, Pruning & Training

Post by Usama »

water retention is a great property for a soil mixture to have. In this scorching heat the pots dry way too fast.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”