ID Please(Solved)

Post pictures of your plants/flowers for identification.

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

ID Please(Solved)

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Khabab gave me a twig of vine seedling, it has covered the pot but has not yet bloomed. The leaves are one centimetre long.

What is it?
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: ID Please

Post by khabbab »

bauhinia yunnanensis
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

This must be a miniature of Yunnan Bauhinia as compared with pictures on the net.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Oh wow! Khabbab a cutting for me too. Brig saheb you should put it in the ground.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

aykhan wrote:Oh wow! Khabbab a cutting for me too. Brig saheb you should put it in the ground.
It will earn its place in ground according to its flowers.
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Well done, even the plants are good little soldiers. Stubborn to the core, either they can do this or go hang. :roll: They can either earn their place or else :lol: . I think i like Ayubs era soldiers better.
Regards.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

KAMasud wrote:Well done, even the plants are good little soldiers. Stubborn to the core, either they can do this or go hang. :roll: They can either earn their place or else :lol: . I think i like Ayubs era soldiers better.
Regards.
I have a nice corner space in my lawn Where I planted a Gulgal tree (from lahoria).the fruit turned out a big 2 Kg citrus thick skinned and useless, it was replaced by a Nag Puri Sangtra, wich actually was an early fruiter, the next replacement and the one after it were also not what I wanted. Now I have a stand of bananas from Sind at that corner (they have earned the place). :)
My garden is not a botanical garden, it reflects my personality.
Yes I have, but a few, I ALSO HAVE IT PLANTS. :lol: ;)

There are two types of soldiers, the field soldiers and the desk soldiers, the battle soldiers and peace time soldiers. I have no place for the second type, the plant must perform well in the field. ;)
Every plant in my garden has to earn its place or out it goes.
May I suggest grafted Mulberry (black&white) as a wind breaker. The fruit is good to eat fresh or dried and to make SHARBAT. I have them on my south boundary and am satisfied.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Brig saheb is your mulberry tree the one from which you offered me some fruit a couple of months ago? It was execellent! How high does the tree go and at what height can it be kept? What are fruiting times? Is it messy?

Return to “Plant Identification”