Can someone tell me about these plants??

Post pictures of your plants/flowers for identification.

Moderator: Izhar

bilalsahil
City: Karachi.

Can someone tell me about these plants??

Post by bilalsahil »

Please, if someone tell me about these plants names and their characteristics.
Attachments
IMG0177A.jpg
IMG0089A.jpg
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Can someone tell me about these plants??

Post by M Farooq »

bilalsahil wrote:Please, if someone tell me about these plants names and their characteristics.
The first one is: Breynia disticha

http://www.finegardening.com/plantguide ... -bush.aspx
Care: In the garden, grow in fertile soil and partial or light dappled shade, especially in the hot summer months, and consistently moist soil. Pinch out stem tips when young to promote branching growth. Indoors, grow in bright filtered light with ample water during the growing season. Fertilize monthly. Water sparingly in winter.

Second one looks like some variety of croton (pardon my ignorance, if not)...will find later :-)

Regards,

Farooq
bilalsahil
City: Karachi.

Re: Can someone tell me about these plants??

Post by bilalsahil »

M Farooq wrote:
bilalsahil wrote:Please, if someone tell me about these plants names and their characteristics.
The first one is: Breynia disticha

http://www.finegardening.com/plantguide ... -bush.aspx
Care: In the garden, grow in fertile soil and partial or light dappled shade, especially in the hot summer months, and consistently moist soil. Pinch out stem tips when young to promote branching growth. Indoors, grow in bright filtered light with ample water during the growing season. Fertilize monthly. Water sparingly in winter.

Second one looks like some variety of croton (pardon my ignorance, if not)...will find later :-)

Regards,

Farooq
Thank you Farooq, but second one when I bought was Aglaonema. Im not sure about it...

Return to “Plant Identification”