Identify this tree from Marco Polo TV series

Post pictures of your plants/flowers for identification.

Moderator: Izhar

AlAmmar
City: Okara
Gardening Interests: Flowering shrubs and trees

Identify this tree from Marco Polo TV series

Post by AlAmmar »

Hi everyone Happy Ramzan to you all, I am new here and in fact its my first post.
So I have been watching Netflix's Marco Polo TV series and came across this beautiful garden where Kublai Khan spends his time, and his garden is amazing, I instantly fell in love with green tree (below in images marked with arrows), there is a pair of them in the garden, anyone can identify them? and where in Lahore or Pattoki it can be available...
Thanks a bunch in advance.

M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Identify this tree from Marco Polo TV series

Post by M Farooq »

The tree has a sad name - weeping willow. Not sure if it grows in Pakistan. I may be wrong.
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Hello and welcome.
These are one of my favorite trees. Weeping willows or "mazloom baid" I've just planted one last year. They're easily available at nurseries here in Rwp/isb.
They love to be planted near water and are a must in Japanese gardens. Just plant them away from the house structure or nearby underground water pipes as their roots can be quite invasive and damaging. In persian, we call it "beed e majnoon". :)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Ys it is Weeping Willow Was in fashion a few decade ago many plants can still be seen along the canal bank.
AlAmmar

Post by AlAmmar »

Thank you all for identification.
Shazia Khurram wrote:Hello and welcome.
These are one of my favorite trees. Weeping willows or "mazloom baid" I've just planted one last year. They're easily available at nurseries here in Rwp/isb.
They love to be planted near water and are a must in Japanese gardens. Just plant them away from the house structure or nearby underground water pipes as their roots can be quite invasive and damaging. In persian, we call it "beed e majnoon". :)
Thanks for detailed information :)

hammmm my home surrounds whole garden from all sides, so by your account I should not plant it there.. also the one you planted how is going? please do share picture of it, love to see it :)
Shazia Khurram
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Patio garden? Landscaping, beginner and willing to learn all that I can.

Post by Shazia Khurram »

Hi. It's very young and not that impressive up until now. But, to be fair I just planted it last year so it still has a long way to go until it's full splendor. I've planted it on the outside corner of my street.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437187832.238297.jpg
AlAmmar

Post by AlAmmar »

That's looking great, good luck with it! [FOUR LEAF CLOVER]

Sent from my C6602 using Tapatalk

Return to “Plant Identification”