Compost

Discussion related to Compost/Fertilizer/Plant Food

Moderator: Izhar

talha.bin.ayub

Re: Compost

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Hi everyone. Today I ll share the ideal company/location from where to buy compost in LAHORE.
The ideal place to purchase anything is from the source/manufacturer.
The company is LAHORE COMPOST.
Their 50kg one costs 500 at local nurseries however I traced their production facility in lahore. It's located near Mehmood Booti.
If we buy at their Mehmood Booti office (minimum order can be 1 bag at their facility) the cost of 50 kg bag is just 256 rupees!
Alternatively if u want a large quantity, they will deliver a minimum of 50 bags at cost of 50 rupees per bag additional delivery fee.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418625342.501114.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418625328.248655.jpg

U can contact: Imran Nazir Lahore Compost
Mahmood Booti, Bund Road (Ring Road), Lahore | Tel: 042 36885438-45, Fax: 042 36885441 0301 8422955

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Would appreciate if someone can post the best price of garden green plant fert/compost. Best I got for 20 kg bag is 250 and for 50 kg bag, 450 rupees (some nurseries even sell it for 550-600 rupees)
I have been unable to locate the source/manufacturer; need the ex factory rates if someone knows... Thanks

talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Also please post your experience with lahore composts' Zameen Dost compost and garden greens compost

isaeed
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: ornamental trees and shrubs,vines.bulbs,flowers

Post by isaeed »

So one please answer the gentlemans query. Which I did you find better ,Lahore compost(public private enterprise)or many other plant ferts marketed( purely privately produced )as compost
Irfan saeed
arfarsh
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Lawn

Post by arfarsh »

anyone knows where can I easily find compost in karachi?

Thanks!
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Shops in front of old sabzi mandi...
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

My experience of Lahore compost is not good. I personally recommend plant fert, not sure about its ex factor rates. Plant fert does not usually burn plants, i have used as much as 50% ratio in pots with good results.

Garden green is also good and it is at same rate that of plant fert. Bio fert is another name. One can now find sugar mud compost and of course the leaves compost too, from nurseries.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
talha.bin.ayub

Post by talha.bin.ayub »

Lahore compost is actually the only true compost available locally in lahore. I have visited the factory at Mahmood booty. It's funded by world bank and ensures the protocols than go in composting. They use Sabzi mandi waste. Segregate it. Pile it up. Turn the piles regularly with earth movers, the process employs aerobic decomposition and temps reach 60-70 degrees cel.

Plant fert or garden green are small public enterprises. Garden green takes the compost from lahore compost and mixes it with urea, bagasse and coco coir.
Plant fert has its location at an undisclosed place. Not even nursery ppl know where it comes from. They say that for a decade a guy comes takes orders n delivers...

I have trust in lahore compost primarily bcz it's purely organic and gone thru the right processes to reach complete maturity.

Economy wise it's also unbeatable.

Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

any one else has experienced Lahore compost??
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

I have not yet used but seen it(Lahore compost) at nursery at Pattoki. They are/were using it, may be because of economy but i am not sure, Apprently compost texture was very fine and uniform.
I am using plant fert for at last few years. Plant fert's quality is deteriorating from last year. Also each nursery and shop have same packing but there is huge difference in inner stuff. I got at times very smelly,at times large amount of coco coir, at times big chunks of vegetable wastes which are not yet decomposed and also got very good quality some time.
Currently only good point about plant fert is its easy availability as per my view . I am disappointed from it because of last year and current year's experience.

@Khabbab please share your observation/experience about Lahore Compost for our knowledge and information.
Rafique

Return to “Compost/Fertilizer/Plant food”