information

Discussion related to Compost/Fertilizer/Plant Food

Moderator: Izhar

suffi
City: Haripur
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardenign , landscaping, medicinal plants reading and cultivation,

information

Post by suffi »

some one help me to tell about fertilizer . i have plants in pot which type of fertilizer and how much amount that i used for plants . ?
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Re: information

Post by rafique »

Brother what types of plants you have in pots? Different plants have varied requirement of fertilizers.
Rafique
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

No spoon feeding enough information is available in previous posts.
suffi
City: Haripur
Gardening Interests: kitchen gardenign , landscaping, medicinal plants reading and cultivation,

Post by suffi »

sir, i have some ornamental plant , like lily, roses , cactus varieties and some fruit plants both in pot and soil
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

suffi wrote:sir, i have some ornamental plant , like lily, roses , cactus varieties and some fruit plants both in pot and soil
Sir i can tell you about cacti and succulents....they have less nitrogen requirement and high potassium and phosphorus needs.

Give them half a teaspoon of DAP fertilizer once on start of every growing season..Avoid foliar fertilizers as they may burn the plants.

Potassium and magnesium in very minute quantity ..about a quarter teaspoon should be applied just before flowering commences and not the whole growing season.

Growing season is from mid March to late September

These quantities are recommended for a 12 inch containerized plant... the quantity will increase with size of pot.

These are the quantities of fertilizer that i personally use for my cacti plants not taken from other internet sources...so i might be wrong scientifically but it works for me so :P
Dr Babar Matin
City: Karachi

Re: potting mix

Post by Dr Babar Matin »

What could be an ideal potting mix in karachi.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: potting mix

Post by M Farooq »

Dr Babar Matin wrote:What could be an ideal potting mix in karachi.
I think that will vary from plant to plant. What plants are you interested in? Readers can then suggest possibilities.
Mohammad Ismail Khan
City: Muscat-
Gardening Interests: the name and address of the nurseries which are selling wisteria grafted plants.

Re: Potting soil availability in Pakistan

Post by Mohammad Ismail Khan »

Hi, Dear Members. Its a general question. Do we have in Pakistan Biomix type of potting soil ( best quality)packed in bags of 50 ltrs or 70 ltrs capacity for mixing with sweet soil for the growing of young plants. If available, would any one help me out to give me the brand name and the source of supplier.

Return to “Compost/Fertilizer/Plant food”