Epsom salt / Magnesium sulfate

Discussion related to Compost/Fertilizer/Plant Food

Moderator: Izhar

M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Epsom salt / Magnesium sulfate

Post by M Farooq »

Dear panchi, do you think a patient gets cured in a single day after taking the medicine? And who is mentioning these elemental deficiencies to you? If someone is telling you to use Epsom salt to cure calcium deficiency he/she has no clue what he is talking about. Please don't bother to take more advices from this person. Post clear pictures of the leaves and describe the problem rather than the solution (calcium deficiency). Hopefully someone will have a good experience to share.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Have you tested the soil? what if your soil is not deficient in Magnesium?? Tomatoes can be easily grown in well rotted manure and soil mix... why are you using additional chemicals?

It is apparent from the picture that you are growing these in ground, just take it easy and use only well rotted manure for veggies.. however, if you are harvesting them on continuous basis then start giving them NPK in low quantities... please keep in mind that there are SEASONS for vegges and nowadays heat is not the season for the tomatoes to flourish well..

I grew tomatoes in November and had a great harvest but now my plants are almost finished and i am not giving them any additional fertilizer to grow, what i will do is to discard these plants and start new seeds....
punchi
City: Faisalabad

Post by punchi »

Well there are two types of problems .1- rotten bottom end 2- curling and your yellowing of leaves I have read many forums and people suggested me these. I have used Engro envy egg shells magnesium sulfate (first used some days ago). Frankly I know it takes time but it should not further disturb.
punchi

Post by punchi »

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1399703949242.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1399703949242.jpg
punchi

Post by punchi »

One thing I forgot to say that my home bor water is saltish but I always water them wasa supplied water
punchi

Post by punchi »

M Farooq bhai I am very beginner. I hope someone take me as shagrid . :)
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

punchi wrote:M Farooq bhai I am very beginner. I hope someone take me as shagrid . :)
Dear panchi, nobody is a shagird and nobody is a ustaad, all of us are here to learn from each other :-). I think Izhar sb has said the right thing...keep track of the seasons for growing vegetables and secondly, plants do not like overcare, overfeeding, and over-watering. Don't spray chemicals onto them without any need. Start with simplest i.e. manure.
punchi

Post by punchi »

Yes right. We have a new Mali and first day he ask me either I should work or he should. So I give up but I will start many items at roof
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

punchi wrote:Yes right. We have a new Mali and first day he ask me either I should work or he should. So I give up but I will start many items at roof
Is he your employee or you his?
punchi

Post by punchi »

Sir there is no matter of employee but matter of field. He is master of his field while I am in my field. When I need result he have to show his progress. If you have chance to go into Textile mills there foreman seems like BOSS OF HIS BOSS. but boss only need production

Return to “Compost/Fertilizer/Plant food”