Need advice for water soluble usage on vegetables

Discussion related to Compost/Fertilizer/Plant Food

Moderator: Izhar

syed.ahmed
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Well i have some portion of culivated land since last 3 years.

Need advice for water soluble usage on vegetables

Post by syed.ahmed »

Dear Members
Asalam-o-alykum
Can anyone tell me if i use water soluble(20 :20 :20) instead of urea for vegetable crop it that good decision or not? If yes then application is same as we use urea or can i spray ??
Please recommened me some good water soluble, i heared good reviews for ICI water soluble.

Regards
Syed
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Need advice for water soluble usage on vegetables

Post by Izhar »

Water soluble NPK 20:20:20 is much better as it provides all the macro nutrients.. if it also contains micro nutrients like Fe, Cu, Mo, Mg, Ca etc then it is an added advantage...

For spray use half tea spoon in 2 litre water, this will give you around 250 ppm Nitrogen..

Now look at the cost, Urea is Rs. 50/kg while water soluble NPK is 500-800/kg... I would suggest you to buy Engro NPK 17:17:17 for vegges, it is around Rs.85/kg and easy to handle... a light sprinkling for e.g. 12 granules per sq. foot every 10 days will increase your yield easily...

For using fertilizers, you must keep in mind that small quantity in regular use is far better than big quantity for one time use...
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

For spray use half tea spoon in 2 litre water, this will give you around 250 ppm Nitrogen..(Izhar)
Izhar, perhaps you would like to reconsider.

All water soluble fertilisers can be used as foliar fertilisers.
Results from the experiments quantified plant nutrients moving at the rate of about one foot per hour to all parts of the plants after spray.
Nitrogen is absorbed in ½-2 hours
Phosphorus 5-10 Days
Potassium 10-24 Hrs
Normal practice in agriculture is to spray with,
Pot Nitrate 2%
Urea 2%
Fe. Sulf 2%
Mag Sulf 0.2%
Agriculture spray is a light spray and usually once only.
We at home are likely to drench the plants when spraying and would do it more often
2% urea means 9200 PPM Nitrogen.
I think I should undertake an experiment in this regards
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Half teaspoon weighs 2.5 gm approx... 20% of 2.5gm is 0.5gm or 500mg... 500mg in 1000 ml gives 500 ppm and 500mg in 2000 ml gives 250 ppm Nitrogen approximately.. this solution is diluted enough to not to burn the foliage... but provides the nutrition..
syed.ahmed
Gardening Interests: Well i have some portion of culivated land since last 3 years.

Post by syed.ahmed »

Well guys thanks for your help and expert advice. I used Ferti Macro 1kg and 500grams into 200 liter water spray, following are chemical and vitamins formation.
Nitrogen(N) Total 20%
Ammonical - N 4.35%
Nitric - N 5.65%
Ureic -N 10%

Phosphoric Anhydride 20%
Potassium 205

Iron 0.05%
Magnanese 0.05%
Zinc 0.025%
Magnesium 0.05%
Boron 0.025%
Copper 0.025%

I spared 3 days ago on chillies and tomatoes crops, today i've noticed flower on chilles and tomatoes sustainbility increased. But some of my plants are going black from their stems, please check following image and advice me.

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Izhar wrote:Half teaspoon weighs 2.5 gm approx... 20% of 2.5gm is 0.5gm or 500mg... 500mg in 1000 ml gives 500 ppm and 500mg in 2000 ml gives 250 ppm Nitrogen approximately.. this solution is diluted enough to not to burn the foliage... but provides the nutrition..
Izhar I did not disagree that the solution is not 250 PPM N, it is and good for weekly watering of pots but for a spray it is too weak.
Agriculture spray is a light spray and usually once only.
We at home are likely to drench the plants when spraying and would do it more often.
2% urea means 9200 PPM Nitrogen which is 40 times as strong as your recommended solution.
To avoid leaf burn it is recommended to spray in the evening, Nitrogen is absorbed in ½-2 hours and Potassium 10-24 Hrs and as I mentioned we at home are likely to drench the plants so I would recommend 1/4 th the strength,say around 2000 PPM N (for spray only).
I will start the experiment today and leaf burn should be clear in few days.
Friends hold on till then.
syed.ahmed

Post by syed.ahmed »

Great
I will wait till that but my next spray due on sunday 20 dec 2015, i will update you my result by wednesday or thursday.
Thanks for feedback.
Cheers
syed.ahmed

Post by syed.ahmed »

Today i found black flies on few chillies plants, planing spray carvacrol with combination of score, please advice.
Following are images
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

These are aphids and attack is severe... use Movento of Bayer...
MOHAN SINGH
City: LUDHIANA
Gardening Interests: Novice gardener trying annuals on my new terrace container garden.

Post by MOHAN SINGH »

Izhar wrote: For using fertilizers, you must keep in mind that small quantity in regular use is far better than big quantity for one time use...
what should be the quantity of npk in water if it is to be used daily or say once in 2 days...

Return to “Compost/Fertilizer/Plant food”