Organic Compost

Discussion related to Compost/Fertilizer/Plant Food

Moderator: Izhar

diyaa110
City: Karachi

Organic Compost

Post by diyaa110 »

Salam, I am from Karachi and I recently just learned about Organic Compost and that it takes around 4 months to be ready - so since I don't like waiting I was wondering if there is any place in Karachi where I can BUY Organic Compost .. I mean obviously the nursery gardeners must have some of it, but do they sell it ? and also what is it called in Urdu ??

Awaiting reply...
please help
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Organic Compost

Post by mirafzalkhan »

In urdu it is پتوں کی کھاد
You can find compost from following stores. Try "2 in 1 compost plus" from Kaizen.

Royal Agro Opp.Old Sabzi Mandi University Road
021-34931491 / 021-34933739.

Homes & Gardens: 3, 4 Amna Arcade, 11C, Shahbaz Commercial-II, Phase VI, Main Khayaban-e-Sehar, DHA
Contact Mr. Shamsi +92 300 8211214.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Although this stuff will ensure you nice plants but they are awfully expensive and for veggies & annuals the same results can be achieved by using a simple manure and soil mix.. you can use these packed compost as seed starter mix and cutting propagation mix as they do not contain any weed seeds..
diyaa110

Post by diyaa110 »

Woww.. Thanks!!!
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

Yup mr.izhar is right. This stuff is quite costly! i've found a mixture of soil and old manure works well even for seeds! Compost for me tends to sometimes remain too wet and seedlings die due to damp off. but thats just my opinion; do whatever works for u.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

for me its not costly.i use to compost my trees leaves that drop in the start of fall.
iskhan

Post by iskhan »

AOA
You can make your own compost its easy and free of cost just you need following items:
1) A container with holes in the bottom.
2) Green items i.e. daily kitchen wastage vegetables and fruits peals, grass cutting e.t.c.
3) Brown items i.e. Used tea, news paper, used boiled rice, wood powder, dry leaves, wood ash e.t.c.
4) Damp Soil

Put container in a pot which collect the liquid fertilizer add daily Green items and Brown items in the container make sure that Green items 2 part and Brown items 3 part then a thin layer of damp soil repeat until contain is full then cover the container and put it on sunny location and toss it every 2 or 3 weeks initially it smell terrible one day it smell earthy its mean your compost is ready and its color is blackish brown. Which is use in normal plant and also in Bonsai.
I am always use it because there is no side effects of compost.
muhammad rashid
City: nowshera

Post by muhammad rashid »

slam: i m rashid and i m working in herbal medicin company , we are using the herbal wastage as a compost , can u plz tel me proper method to organic composting
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Rashid, welcome aboard I myself work for a herbal products manufacturing company and we in process to use this waste as fertilizer in our crops... PCSIR is working with us on this project but the cost is a bit higher yet.. the problem is that the cellulose in the fibers take up the nitrogen from soil during decomposition and if the waste is put in the soil without composting it adsorbs the nitrogen ..though it will release nitrogen in future but it will be too late for the young plants and growth is not up to the mark.. composting requires at least 6-8 months, more heat and moisture.. the earlier waste will become compost..
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Adding earthworms to the compost pile speedup the composting process (Vermicomposting). Worm castings or worm manure itself is an excellent, nutrient-rich organic fertilizer and soil conditioner.

Return to “Compost/Fertilizer/Plant food”