Fertilizer ??

Discussion related to Compost/Fertilizer/Plant Food

Moderator: Izhar

UMAR KHAN

Re: Fertilizer ??

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Ahmad i grow Decorative Dahlia every year.i have 22 colors at the moment.they have started flowering.you are not getting my point brother they are not as attractive as in Murree.secondly cyclamen.the nurserymen prepare it in murree and when it comes to flowering they bring it to islamabad/lahore.same case is with hydrangea.you can even see it at karachi in spring but do you think one can grow it in karachi.even azeleas are seen in karachi and lahore.brother these are all readymade plants prepared in hilly areas.primula flowers in islamabad but its not perfect.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

the begonias in the pictures are fibrerous begonias brother not the tuberous begonia.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Thanks for the info Umar helps to learn from others, i know about the whole murree cycle nowadays, i feed all my plants with DAP every 2 weeks, looking at some of the plants i am growing in the pictures do think that is sufficient ??
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Feeding only DAP means no potassium, means less disease resistance, less drought tolerance and less blooms on the cost of lush green foliage. Your plants are looking very healthy, but I am afraid that they will produce fewer blooms and are vulnerable to diseases. For annuals only compost or manure works better and there is no need to feed DAP. If you want to feed extra fertilizer, any good balanced foliage fertilizer like growmore 20-20-20 will work. Use half strength instead, recommended for 15 days schedule.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Thanks for the info
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Iam interested in lisianthus, New seedlimgs or last years plants from More Green. Please keep posting their progress and show blooms.
anilajani
City: karachi

Post by anilajani »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Iam interested in lisianthus, New seedlimgs or last years plants from More Green. Please keep posting their progress and show blooms.
:D :D

Return to “Compost/Fertilizer/Plant food”