Rare Fragrant Flowers

Discuss plants with fragrant flowers or leaves.

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Rare Fragrant Flowers

Post by aykhan »

Which color is yours? Same as the Pattoki one?
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Yes same, yellow and white. There is another one with pink and white color i saw in Islamabad but not in lahore.I got some seeds of japonica got in trade from USA but did not try it as cuttings are easy here.

The wild one at murree is bush type and totally yellow no white, so different than the one in lahore we have.

Lonicera periclymenum serotina is beautiful. lonicera fragrantissima is not as pretty but blooms in winter. Honeysuckle Lonicera x heckrottii 'Pink Lemonade' is also pretty.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

So maybe honeysuckle varieties true from seed?
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

I had a white and pink one for around 10 yrs or more in the back yard. One monsoon it started wilting and within a few days, it was over.No idea what happened ?! :roll:
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The variety I know not but I looked after it for 5 years and it did not bloom, so got replaced,
If anyone has a fragrant flowering Honysuckle I would love to try cuttings this July.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:The variety I know not but I looked after it for 5 years and it did not bloom, so got replaced,
If anyone has a fragrant flowering Honysuckle I would love to try cuttings this July.
ANY BODY?
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Brig Sb, you can get cuttings from lawrence gardens easily. My honeysuckle is suffering from heat as it is on terrace so it has only one stem, also it is yet to produce blooms. I am also looking for any forum members having honeysuckle cuttings.
Lahore gardening blog
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

I think I can help, I have honeysuckle growing in my neighbor. I'l get cuttings from him and send them to Khabab and Brig Sahab. Hopefully after a week or so. (until real monsoon begins) or else they wont survive the heat. The flower is of off white and yellow i guess. Waisay I have also seen bright orange one in a house at the other end of the city. I'l see if I can get a cutting of that one aswel.
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

haris.kabir wrote:I think I can help, I have honeysuckle growing in my neighbor. I'l get cuttings from him and send them to Khabab and Brig Sahab. Hopefully after a week or so. (until real monsoon begins) or else they wont survive the heat. The flower is of off white and yellow i guess. Waisay I have also seen bright orange one in a house at the other end of the city. I'l see if I can get a cutting of that one aswel.
Oh yes that will be great if you get hold of the orange one. Just knock the door, meet the gardener, invite him to forum and get the cuttings, simple :)
Lahore gardening blog
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

haris.kabir wrote:I think I can help, I have honeysuckle growing in my neighbor. I'l get cuttings from him and send them to Khabab and Brig Sahab. Hopefully after a week or so. (until real monsoon begins) or else they wont survive the heat. The flower is of off white and yellow i guess. Waisay I have also seen bright orange one in a house at the other end of the city. I'l see if I can get a cutting of that one aswel.
Your climatic conditions are alltogather different from ours.

Return to “Fragrant Plants”