Attempting to grow from seeds

Discussion related to growing from seed

Moderator: Izhar

Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Attempting to grow from seeds

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

i even tried posting on her behalf. its not the issues with posting codes i guess but with BBcodes disabling
Madiha Humbal
City: Karachi

Post by Madiha Humbal »

here we go again. and yes it worked. thankyou for you help and support and please have a look at the pics to get a clear idea of my plants and my planting techniques and please guide me if i am doing something wrong here.

Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

One thing don't tie the thread over them so tightly that they get harm other than that every thing is fine.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

they are looking too much dry..water them frequently.balsam and okra will die soon due to cold weather grow winter season vegetables like spinach,coriander,meethi etc.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Very nice.I think your plants need some moisture.The soil seems dry.
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

my plants face eight hours of sunlight every day. therefore i water them twice a day. other than that i am afraid i will kill them due to over watering. i managed to do that to my other plants
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

thankyou for warning me about the okra and balsam plant. as i said earlier i recieve eight hours of sunlight on my patio every day. i get six hours in the winter, i can keep these two plants outside in the morning and pull them in and cover them with dark plastic bags to protect from cold. do you think it would work.
Hamad Ahmed Kisana
City: Sheikhupura
Gardening Interests: Bulbs,Annuals,Perennials,Roses and Vines.

Post by Hamad Ahmed Kisana »

perhaps no...it is natural for these plants that they thrive well in temps above 38 degree and in bright sunlight so i am sure they will not survive or if will survive will not flower.i am not expert vegetable grower so advise of mr asim nawaz and other vegetable growers will be better in this matter.
Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

thankyou for warning me about the okra and balsam plant. as i said earlier i recieve eight hours of sunlight on my patio every day. i get six hours in the winter, i can keep these two plants outside in the morning and pull them in and cover them with dark plastic bags to protect from cold. do you think it would work.
perhaps no...it is natural for these plants that they thrive well in temps above 38 degree and in bright sunlight so i am sure they will not survive or if will survive will not flower.i am not expert vegetable grower so advise of mr asim nawaz and other vegetable growers will be better in this matter
Madiha Humbal, first of all I am happy to see your passion and effort to germinate vegetables and flowers from seeds and also advices of Gardening Pakistan friends like Mustansir, Ka_khan and Hamad Ahmed Kisana. I am not expert grower of vegetables but my passion and effort give me great result and also share and follow the tips and suggestion of Gardening Pakistan friends I achieve better results.
Madiha you are living in Karachi at first I want to know today's morning and night temperature of Karachi. What about your soil PH level? Because salted water can destroy soil first. Uses of Liquid fertilizer like NPK.
Madiha Humbal

Post by Madiha Humbal »

yes sir. i reside in khi. right now we experiencing the average lowest temperature of 23 degrees and highest of 37 degrees. the average humidity level right now is 40 percent. we experience severe cold in decemeber where the lowest temperature goes around 10 degrees. and the highest temperature is around 23 degrees. as for the PH level of my soil. i dont know about it and i dont know how to find it. and as far as water is concerned. the area that i live in is ALHMDULILLAH blessed with running fresh drinking water which of course i use for my plants as well. we do not have any slaty water in our vicinity. and i do use NPK but not the liquid one. i have the grainy one that one of the maalis in the garden center gave me and told me to use once a month only.

Return to “Growing form Seed”