Rananculus from seeds

Discussion related to growing from seed

Moderator: Izhar

ka_khan
City: peshawar

Rananculus from seeds

Post by ka_khan »

I will be experimenting with planting Rananculus seeds this time.Any body tried or having experience,do share his knowledge.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: Rananculus from seeds

Post by Tahir Khan »

ka_khan wrote:I will be experimenting with planting Rananculus seeds this time.Any body tried or having experience,do share his knowledge.
I'll buy plug plants from nursery this season, Bloomingdale series by sakata seeds is by far the best variety.
I would recommend you buy plug plants as ranunculus seeds need to be started early to flower in spring.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes Tahir is 100% right its good to purchase plug plants of Bloomingdale series.its the best variety.If you want early flowering purchase plug plants which are brought from Murree.Plant them, enjoy the flowering in spring & let them dry naturally after flowering.Store the tubers for next year which will come into flowering earlier & with fully big high petaled blooms.
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

Umar and tahir can you suggest any nurseries in Rawalpindi/Islamabad from where we can get these plug plants and the month of their availability... 8-)

Regardz
Tahir Khan
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Rafaiy wrote:Umar and tahir can you suggest any nurseries in Rawalpindi/Islamabad from where we can get these plug plants and the month of their availability... 8-)

Regardz
You can check Fateh muhammad nursery and Makkah nursery at peshawar morr...they will be available from October or November
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

If in Pindi, may check from Playland Nursery,near Shifa Eye Hosp,Jhelum Road, early-mid Nov.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Tahir speaks my voice if you are looking in Islamabad Fateh Muhammad nursery Peshawar mod is best. Plug plants arrived from Murre can be planted earlier so flowers earlier & blooming time is long.Yes one thing they are costly.Another thing which you can try is Dalphinium plug plants from Murree.
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

Thanks...I often visit Playland nursery shifa hospital and Fateh Muhammad nursery Peshawar mor...costly? how much can be the estimated price?
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Thanks a lot seniors.So the seeds i got from Chinna Din will be of no use :(
Rafaiy

Post by Rafaiy »

No...I suggest since you already have the seeds you can sow them now...its just that the flowering time will be delayed...

Return to “Growing form Seed”