Rananculus from seeds

Discussion related to growing from seed

Moderator: Izhar

farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Re: Rananculus from seeds

Post by farah fayyaz »

Rafaiy wrote:Thanks umar...
Gardeners from rwp/isb can also try to get ranunculus corms from awan seed store rwp...last year I bought a few ranunculus corms and freesia bulbs from them :) ...
I bought some bulbs and some veggies seeds from them but none was good.Is your experience better :?:
Rafaiy
City: Rawalpindi

Post by Rafaiy »

I am purchasing seeds, bulbs and other gardening related stuff from them since last 2 years, so far so good, no issues and complaints...maybe there are some other issues...which bulbs you purchased from them?

Regards
Tahir Khan
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Awan seed store have the best seed quality and quantity at affordable prices than any other vendor i know in Rawalpindi or Islamabad.... for bulbs their quality is not good as i suspect they mix the previous years left over batch in the new ones especially freesia, anemone and hyacinths. other stuff like fertilizers, pesticides and accessories are pricey.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Tahir if you are specking of seed then Green Impex is the best.Awan usually mix up local with imported seeds.Green Impex deliver the purest & the best.
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Tahir if you are specking of seed then Green Impex is the best.Awan usually mix up local with imported seeds.Green Impex deliver the purest & the best.
Sir, local seeds like mix nasturtiums, sweet peas etc. seed count and quality are good, 30 rupee pack of sweet peas had well over 60 seeds wer all large round and of good quality and almost 100% germination whereas i bought from chanandin last year and it was disappointing...40 rupee pack had only 20 seeds and only 2 germinated...I have stopped buying from them. for Hybrid seeds Awan do charge high but i never had any complaints..I usually buy Inca marigolds from them and they are of good quality. i did buy some tomato seeds last year from them 'Micro Tom' they were of supreme quality :)
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Tahir Chanan din ki to baat hi mat karen.Awan ka bi koi maza nahi. Green Impex ke high quality ke seeds hote hain.yahi waja hai ke Karachi tak us ke seeds jate.
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

My experience & views as a local:Green Impex is the main supplier of imported flower seeds & bulbs to most nurseries of Pindi/Islamabad,which implies that his quality is good.I get most of veggie seeds & bulbs from Awan (Pindi) & have no complaint about veggie seeds,but last year I was not happy with the performance of fall sowing bulbs-may be my own fault.I think in bulbs Islamabad F-8 Shops have more variety. As regards flower seeds,instead of going through the hassle of growing from seeds,I buy 'paneri' from any convenient Nursery,as they all use the same seeds. In brief, since there is not much difference between them,I feel one should only go for convenience.
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Tahir if you are specking of seed then Green Impex is the best.Awan usually mix up local with imported seeds.Green Impex deliver the purest & the best.
Which means my next trip will be to Green impex :D
Sir any suggestions regarding seeds, bulbs..what are the average prices these days at Green impex
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Tahir since i don,t sow seeds for a long time so i am not aware of the fresh rates.In past when i had my own nursery at Rawalpindi i used to purchase all seeds from Asif Daud , owner of the Green Impex.They don,t offer bulbs because bulbs are not in great demand.
ka_khan
City: peshawar

Post by ka_khan »

Do we have a local seed dealer section on forum?If someone could provide the contact details and address of Green Impex.

Return to “Growing form Seed”