Alaxendrines

Moderator: Izhar

UMAR KHAN

Alaxendrines

Post by UMAR KHAN »

I have 3 pairs of Alexandrine parakeets.i do not prefer the other colors as they are not mutations but first
generation hybrids with the indian ring neck mutations.only the green is the real color.its highly indangered species in our country so try to save it.please do not purchase the wild caught birds even the indian ring necks
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Alaxendrines

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Are they breeding pairs?
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

well Alexandrines are very good breeders but i do not give the chance because they become agressive.i like tamed parakeets.thats why i keep African grays,Alexandrines & Indian ring necks.i like Macawas,Cackatoos as compaired to love birds,budgies,roseelas etc.but it does not mean i dont love the later ones.every bird has its own beauty.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Alaxendrines are an endangered bird. Either breed them or free them, is my opinion.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Arif sb i like to have fun with my birds so i can not afford to breed them.yes of course they are endangered.its because we even like to keep wild caught birds.
saeedwaqas@gmail.com

Post by saeedwaqas@gmail.com »

Yes its good idea to breed at least a pair and free some of the chicks. My grandfather used to tell us that he had seen crocodiles in river Ravi..... now we cannot even find a single in indian side of Ravi even though they do not kill wildlife. Even deers were there in Sheikhupra district before partition.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Actually hunting a game is good but over hunting is a cruelty specially the endangered species.people should stop purchasing wild caught birds.its a cruelty to keep wild caught birds.i don,t know why our people don,t understand.hand tame birds are good pets.then the over hunting & pouching.once i went for fishing with a friend.they were using generators,giving electric shocks to catch fish.is it right our people are doing.i just refused & come back home.this is the main reason we lost our crocs & so many wild life.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

What do you feed your birds? What other birds do you have?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

STRANGE, you breed your peafowls but not the alaxendrines.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Well brig sb this year i,l let them breed.its a great fun to breed birds.i feed my games with 10 no feed(crumps).my parrots with grain mix & fresh fruit.i mix vitamins(vita sol) in the drinking water two days a week.i have a pair of African gray parrots & 5 common pheasants.i have also 30 chickens.but i like peafowls & Alex most.Alex parrots are very unique birds but i think we don,t realise because they are our native birds.we should protect our wild life.how beautiful are the black francolin,brown francolin,chakurs.brigd sb how are your Rosellas.

Return to “Birds”