Indian blue deep pied
Indian hen with eggs
pure 100% Black shoulder
Indian blue.the real peafowl found in the wild
muradulislam
City: Mansehra

Re: some of my Peafowls

Post by muradulislam »

Didi you got these from Mansehra pheasantry. (mean the eggs from which they were hatched not your pics) ;)
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa Murad sb i have visited the Dudyal pheasantry several times.but i preferly purchase 2 years old or mature birds from Rawalpindi.i never purchase eggs cause it takes upto 3 years for a peafowl to mature & 5 years to reach full glory.the dudyal pheasantry is very rich in collection,they even have the Himalliyan Monals.
muradulislam
City: Mansehra

Post by muradulislam »

AoA, I thought, if you had not then should tell you, but alas!! you already know. I love different pheasants there but till now, could not get the courage up to have some for myself.
Frankly, I can't think how you manage it but anyways great work in giving them a home and caring for them like family.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Lahore was once a natural habitat of these beautiful birds. My grandfather had a Mango orchard at THOKAR NIAZBAIG where dozens of them lived. My interest in visiting the place as a child was collecting their feathers and watching their dance. We lost them on partition, when they were ruthlessly hunted down. I have a portion of the land and a dream to make a large Aviary for all the birds I have and want to keep.
Khan Sahib what is the size of each cage. Are they always confined or do you let them roam around too?
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

aoa brigd sb i used to keep my indian blues & mutations in free range.but our people can not understand or do not want to understand delibertly.i lost one of my very nice black shoulder peahen after that i dont allow them free range roming.green java & green emerald can not be left free range.they are very good flayers & do not tame.peafowl needs too much place minm 15 by 20 cage for a pair.if the space is very limited the male can not show its full glory.if u hav a large farm keep indian blues & mutations free range.

Return to “Birds”