SUCCESS STORY

Moderator: Izhar

mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Re: SUCCESS STORY

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Pentas germinates in 10-14 days and darkness is required for germination.
Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:As my beds were not ready I was forced to keep them in trays so I started feeding them with diluted NPK 2-1-2.
The size of cell is large but according to seedlings condition, require immediate transplantation. Because it is not about the nutrients it is about the root which requires more space. Late transplantation will result less flowering & a shorter session of flowering.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa brigd sb Mirafzal khan is right.please plant out the seedlings in their final rows if not yet planted.i can see clealy there are at least 5 sets of real leaves.if this is a dwarf hybris it wil strech more than its original hight.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Aoa,
Thank you, All seedlings are in their proper place. A few hve gone in 7 inch pots, to be repoted in bigger pots.Should I clip the tips of my Zinnias for lateral growth?
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

yes brigd sb pinch out the first flower bud for healther growth.i always pinch out the first bud,it increase the bushness of the plant.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Brig. Sb. Umar is right, if you pinch two times i.e the main apical bud first then after some time the tips of axillary buds, you'll get a dream zinnia plant full of fresh blooms.
Zinnias bloom profusely normally but the older blooms get fade a bit in sun and you will have some fresh and some old flowers on the same plant at same time, but through pinching you can get multiple fresh blooms and all in same time.

Return to “Gardening Discussions”