What flowers/plants should I plan for this spring/Karachi

Moderator: Izhar

Kaiser
City: Karachi

What flowers/plants should I plan for this spring/Karachi

Post by Kaiser »

Asalam O Alakum

Febraury is almost here and I seek suggestions to get prepare with Spring varities of flowers/plants that i can grow in Karachi in containers for my rooftop. Please do suggest with your experiences, shall be a great help.

Best regards
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: What flowers/plants should I plan for this spring/Karach

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Spring season in Karachi is mid to late February. Considering this there is little time for preparation. Most annuals that you will find in nurseries will be ready to bloom in fortnight. I suggest that you get hold of ready plants for containers. Most annuals can be tried in pots however in my opinion following suit container better than others

Petunias
Pansy
Phlox/dianthus
Cineraria(Shade)
Nasturtium
Kaiser

Post by Kaiser »

farhan137 wrote:Spring season in Karachi is mid to late February. Considering this there is little time for preparation. Most annuals that you will find in nurseries will be ready to bloom in fortnight. I suggest that you get hold of ready plants for containers. Most annuals can be tried in pots however in my opinion following suit container better than others

Petunias
Pansy
Phlox/dianthus
Cineraria(Shade)
Nasturtium
Thank you Farhan, I appreciate. I did bought Petunias in November and all are blooming well in pots but one of my friend told me that Petunias are going to finish by the begining of March and new types of flower plants shall be avialable that can last till June, thats how i posted this request.

Thank you once again.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Petunias are comparatively more heat tolerant than any other cool season annual and are among last to go, hence you should be looking for summer blooming annuals such as Marigolds, Zinnias, Gomphrena, celosia and Gaillardia etc
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Petunias in pots finish blooming early not due to the heat but lack of nutrients... with regular liquid fertilizers they can bloom till mid May...

Return to “Gardening Discussions”