Wall Flower & Stocks

Moderator: Izhar

Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Wall Flower & Stocks

Post by Munir »

Thank u all for the infomation/ tips . I ll try the said nurseries. The plant leaves & flowers resemble the stock's, but I want to test the fragrance, so highly talked about.
Availing this opportunity: I have planted petunia,antirrhanum, godetia,dianthus,phlox,verbena, cinenaria, gazania, sweet peas & some poppy in the beds; pansy,carnation,gerbera,ranunclus,flowering cabbage & swiss chaud besides various bulbs in the gamlas. Have I missed out any thing special, which can still be added ??
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Wall Flower & Stocks

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Munir Walls flowers have great fragrance in night hours.Stocks also have some sweet perfume but that is different from wall flowers.Harmony Stock is available at Fateh Muhammad.this is a very stricking stock with dwarf growing habit plus so many side shoots.
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.

Post by Munir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Munir Walls flowers have great fragrance in night hours.Stocks also have some sweet perfume but that is different from wall flowers.Harmony Stock is available at Fateh Muhammad.this is a very stricking stock with dwarf growing habit plus so many side shoots.
Umar, thank you on the comparison.Could u please comment on the flowers I have planted(mentioned in my mail of the same date as ur above mail) & more importantly on what I may have omitted ,but you recommend. I have noted to add Harmony Stock , though I have not been happily successful with stocks over yearsss. We need to discuss more on fruit trees also ,sometime later.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hi Munir.it depends on your personal taste what you like.first of all select what you like most.then keep in mind your location.is it sunny or partial shady location.then do you like long blooming or you want rear plants which will flower for short time & need so many care.i normally plant pansies,Snap dragons & petunias.Pansies are for semi shade locations.Snap dragons & petunias for sunny spots.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Thank u UMAR. I agree .God bless!
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Thanks Munir.Petunia F-1 Falcon plus Hullahoop mix are good petunias to plant at Islamabad.the colors are very vivid.another thing they are cheaper as compared to other varieties.Also try Pansy F1 Ultima.its flower size is is small but the production per plant is very high.
Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

I ll certaily try these. Thanks once again.
PS. There is a joke about naming landmarks: "You see a tree in the middle distance,call it hut", since another landmark had already been named a "Tree". Isn't it interesting that we are talking about petunias & pansys under the heading "Wall Flowers & Stocks", at least to the person who doesn't know the background ?
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

This was my Stock "Harmony" bed.. initially they were not fragrant but as soon as the weather became warm, they became exceptionally fragrant by the evening:

Munir
Donor
Donor

Post by Munir »

Apart from frangrance, they present a lovely sight.Thank you Izhar for sharing.
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Izhar wrote:This was my Stock "Harmony" bed.. initially they were not fragrant but as soon as the weather became warm, they became exceptionally fragrant by the evening:

Lovely izhar bhai, well maintained bed of stocks.. enjoy the clove scented blooms :)

Return to “Gardening Discussions”