greenhouse dataset

Moderator: Izhar

gopalani
City: karachi
Gardening Interests: working on a green house monitoring project

greenhouse dataset

Post by gopalani »

Aoa
I am final year student from NED University and I am working on greenhouse monitoring using wireless sensor network.
I want a data set which contain temperature , light and humidity needs by various plants.
can any one provide me? or send me a link if have any kind of database or data set which have at least there parameters.
Thanking you in advance
gopalani
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: greenhouse dataset

Post by M Farooq »

gopalani wrote:Aoa
I am final year student from NED University and I am working on greenhouse monitoring using wireless sensor network.
I want a data set which contain temperature , light and humidity needs by various plants.
can any one provide me? or send me a link if have any kind of database or data set which have at least there parameters.
Thanking you in advance
gopalani
WSA, I think getting this type of information is difficult rather because temperature, light, and humidity requirement will not be numbers but wide ranges. To simplify your project, you can start with a limited list of plants, you know of, for your green house and find the requirements of those selected plants individually.

For example, if you enter oleander (kanair in Urdu) in this database you will see this plant can survive above 4 degrees, likes full sun, watering is "summer dry". Not sure how will you quantify those parameters.
https://plantdatabase.kwantlen.ca/plant ... etail/1304

Some keywords to search are : Horticultural databases, Hardiness zones (for temperatures) etc. Good luck with your research.
jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Farooq Sb, shouldn't we include the temperature requirements of a plant in our database?
Javed Ashraf.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

jdashraf wrote:Farooq Sb, shouldn't we include the temperature requirements of a plant in our database?
Ashraf shb, if temp. is available we can add it in the description section. The large box at the end can incorporate anything you want :-) The best way would be to find out the so-called hardiness zone of your plant, instead of writing the temperature.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

gopalani wrote:Aoa
Thanking you in advance
gopalani
Clarify please...is it monitoring system or management? If its monitoring only you need not to have data sets for plants, you just need to have sensor which read and record Temperature, Humidity and light in a green house at various times.

If its a management system....first of all you need to take some plants as "Test Plants"...Specimens. These have to be plants which are either endemic or easily available locally. After selecting few plants than we can help you with various requirements of those plants.

Than your next step would be how to maintain these parameters. You will require automated sprinklers, thermostats which trigger devices such as heater or air-conditioners/exhaust fans. Bulbs or shutters which open/close to maintain the requisite light.

Than comes the cost effectiveness.

You can resolve projects well only if you are clear about the scope and restrict yourself to some scant setup....Its impractical to ask for data sets for countless plants.

Return to “Gardening Discussions”