Mari gold INCA II

Moderator: Izhar

UMAR KHAN

Mari gold INCA II

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa friends as the time for Mari golds is arriving i m going to plant the new series of INCA along with Bonanza series.what are the wish list of other friends in Mari gold range.if some thing new let me know & try.please dont mention F1 Vanilla as persolaly i dont like white in mari golds.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Mari gold INCA II

Post by Izhar »

Umar, I like the "Sovereign Gold" in African type which I planted last year for very bright blooms, good branching, medium height and long blooming season. In French I will go for a Bonanza mix this year.

INCA is a very uniform plant and dependable as well but the bloom color is duller comparatively.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

New to Merigold.
Recommed me one, medium height, bright large flowers having long period of bloom.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Brigd sb i use to plant F1 INCA I.The flowers are the largest 4" across in the African class.its flowering power is unbeatable.the hight is intermediate.purchase rooted cuttings instead of seedlings.rooted cuttings develope strong plants,faster to flower as compaired to the seedlings.the flower quality remains the same as from seedlings.i use to prune the plants when they reach to a 1 feet high to control the hight.it also make the plant healthier.INCA hight is 15 cm.INCA II flowers are smaller than inca 1.if u want more compact plants then F1 Discovery is for u.but the color range limits to two colors plus the flower size is also small than the INCA.
In French Bonanza is the leader.stunning colors on compact plasnts.Harmony & Bolero are my favourite colors in this series.if u want some thing diffrent try the creamy white F1 Vanilla.its African class,growing upto 18 cm.the flowers are 2.5-3".
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa Izhar i have tried SOVEREIGN & i really enjoyed it.but its hight is the tallest,plus flowers size is small as compaired to INCA I.INCA II has the same flower size & brightness as SOVEREIGN but the plant hight is intermediate.I have also tries the DISCOVERY & MARVEL but brother the bloom size matters.i m looking the HOPPER F1 Series its colors are bright,size is 4" across

Return to “Gardening Discussions”