Gafting wisteria

Moderator: Izhar

AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Gafting wisteria

Post by AhmadIrfan »

My 13 year old wisteria vine is yet to bloom, over there years i have taken advice from alot people but still no flowers. I was once suggested to graft the wisteria vine but i never had a flowering vine to graft on my old wisteria vine. Thanks to Arif uncle who generously gifted me a wisteria vine last year i now have a flowering vine to graft on my non flowering wisteria. I have grafted it like we graft mangoe trees. But i have been unsucessfull with grafting other plants any tips i could use for grafting??
Attachments
img20140404_090723.jpg
imranarshad263
City: liaquatpur
Gardening Interests: Lawn

Re: Gafting wisteria

Post by imranarshad263 »

Wistera vine bloom after 5 to 6 years.grafting of wisteria is difficult and not very successful. Now a days imported vine is available in Lahore which blooms after 6 months after transplant in ground.yo u can get it online also.if you interested then reply I will give you all information about this.I have two vines I parchase last spring.both blooms in one year.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I am interested please pm me the information.Thanks
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

by imranarshad263 » April 10th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Wistera vine bloom after 5 to 6 years.grafting of wisteria is difficult and not very successful. Now a days imported vine is available in Lahore which blooms after 6 months after transplant in ground.yo u can get it online also..
The Wisteria vines available which flower within an year are normally grown through layering. On the contrary grafting of wisteria is also successful mode of propagation that ensures that the grafted wisteria vine flower within 2-3 years. In addition to some varieties of Wisteria sinensis (Chinese Wisteria) propagated through air layering, i have four grafted varieties of Wisteria Floribunda (Japanese Wisteria).

I am interested in knowing why grafted wisteria is not very successful? Can you please delve further on this issue?
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Wisterias csn take upto 20 years to flower my vine is almost 13 years old and no flowers, like i said Arif sb one of the senuir memebers on the forun gifted me wisteria last year which was air layered and it flowered this year.other than that i am curious why grafting wisteria is diffcult?? I am just experimenting with my grafting if u could tell me a proper step by step way of grafting wisteria??
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Khurran can u tell me the source for 4 varieties of theee japanese wisteria and maybe a price range??
imranarshad263
City: liaquatpur
Gardening Interests: Lawn

Post by imranarshad263 »

Grafting is successful for wisteria but it is difficult .experts can do this.grafted wisteria is available blooms in one year.my wisteria is only 8 month old and it blooms .

Return to “Gardening Discussions”